• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTAV High GFX Temp

Soldato
OP
Just putting my hand next to my PC and I can feel how warm it is

CPU temp is fine though but I am running a Corsair H75

Soldato
I bet its crap paste, I had a similar problem with my Msi 290 Gaming card. Whats it idling at, if idle is high then its the paste for sure, mine was idling at 43c and when I changed the paste it dropped to 29-30c. Gaming at 4K in Far Cry 4 I'm hitting 80c, which I'm happy with. :)

Permabanned
Your case has a lot more cooling and a bit more room than mine

Considering a new case - Temp has gone up to 91c now guys

When I had a Msi Gaming 290 I found side intake or front intake fans made very little difference to the temps. Two exhaust fans on the top of case and one exhaust fan at back to blow out the hot air coming from the cards cooler into the case helped reduce temps a good bit however.

Edit:-

But seeing as you have various exhaust fans blowing hot air out it sounds like the cards cooler is not working as it should normally. I know some of the Msi Gaming's had problems with one of the fans not starting so I would check if both fans are spinning when testing your temps just in case it is that.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Fans are spinning fine

I will try and replace the thermal paste and if that doesn't work I guess I'll have to buy a new case but I was sure the Antec One is good enough for a 290.....

Soldato
This after over 3 hours gaming tonight. Mixed between GTA5 and Mortal Kombat X

290x%20temp.png

Soldato
OP
Hmm, wondering if a new case really will make that much of a difference.....

I need to change the thermal on the card I think

Soldato
my 295x2 actually goes over 70 in gta5. It isn't capable of smoothness unless I get rid of the very high shadows and very high tesselation which i guess is normal for 4k. Has enough ram for all those effects but it kinda sucks I need like a third gpu for 4k.

Soldato
maybe post your fan arrangement, see if we can give you some better temps in your current case ive spent hundreds of our hours testing temps with different arrangements & various fans,
heck i got 2 large under bed rolling tubs of fans ive tested to see which are the best :)
so might be able to help

Soldato
OP
I've ordered the Phanteks Enthoo Pro and some new thermal paste so will see if it does the job, if not it's been an expensive waste of money

Back
Top Bottom