• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1050 or 1050ti - Suitable for my needs?

Soldato
Just looking around to replace my aging GTX 560ti (Ok, who am I kidding, way beyond aging!)

I'm just looking to be able to play Kerbal Space Program and a few other games, nothing dramatically "modern" as I have the Xbox and a 2 year old, so time is limited and don't want to go OTT, most other games would be flight sims, train sims & FM, so nothing silly.

Looking on the B-Clearance stock here (And MM) I don't know if I really need to go over a GTX 1050, but would the standard 2GB Model be enough or best to go the extra distance and get the 4gb 1050ti?

Current spec is a bit aging so don't want to create a bottleneck after buying a card above my means, just dug up my old OcUK order with the spec! :o

fyyLQvC.png

Don
Absolutely stretch the extra £30 for a 4Gb card, but personally I'd go for an AMD RX570 at this price range (an RX570 is roughly equivalent to the next tier of Nvidia card - GTX1060), and if you can stretch another £10 you can get an 8Gb model which should last you for years to come in the same way your 560ti has.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £590.06 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys!

@Marine-RX179 Thanks for the insight, I'm completely clueless on this thing nowadays hence the post here, I guess I used to always gravitate to Nvidia cause of the old Nvidia/Intel & AMD?ATI (Now AMD obviously) links!

Appreciate the heads up, might have a poke around for a 4GB 570 on the MM!

Soldato
Absolutely agree with the sentiments here. AMD all the way in this price bracket!
1050ti is a decent low power card. The only thing it has going for it, is not needing the additional power cable.
The RX570 destroys it performance-wise.

Soldato
1050ti is available without additional power and in a low profile half height form factor (which is the strength Emlyn missed), that is it's strength; you can fit it in most half height ITX builds. There is nothing else to rival it in this form factor right now, which is why I have one. It's still about the same speed as a 7970/280X so it'll play anything with the settings managed appropriately.

If you've got a standard build, the 570 just makes more sense however as it is plain and simply faster.

Back
Top Bottom