1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gtx 1060 advice

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ThatDuckSauce, Jan 9, 2019.

1. ThatDuckSauce

Associate

Hi guys,

So I'm looking at upgrading to a gtx 1060 graphics card.

My case is a coolermaster storm scout.

Current card is a gtx 660 TI and is the EVGA version.

Now looking at the 1060's I notice they have 1, 2 and 3 fan variants....

I'm looking at a 6gb card....

If you have 3 cards that are the 6gb model for example, is there going to be any performance differences between the 1 2 and 3 fan variants, or is it just down to how effective the heat dispersal is from the card?

2. HybridX

Mobster

I can only go from my experience but i have the EVGA 1060 6gb SC which is a single fan variant and i have no issues with fan noise but i haven't messed with the fan speed tbh and haven't really had any heat issues. Its notably cooler than my old 280x lol

3. Bluntwrapped

Mobster

Generally speaking, the smaller the fans the louder the cooler. You can’t go wrong with the EVGA two fan acx style option. I would be tempted to go for a SC or whatever model ships with the highest boost clock.

4. ThatDuckSauce

Associate

In the end I went for the gigabyte geforce gtx 1060 6gb, dual fans :) just got it fitted right now so gonna fire it up good and proper shortly :)

5. shamus21

Wise Guy

Good choice stays very cool when over clocked.

6. LeMson

Wise Guy

Bro where's the update? It'll be like living in the dark and then stepping out into the sun going from a 660ti to a 1060 6GB ! UPDATE! :D