• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1060 - Buy now or wait?

Soldato
How do you like it, I just purchased that as well
Is it deffo the same one there is so many different specs it's confusing, I updated the above post, I really like it, it does get toast but I run the fans on "low" and in Kingdom Come Deliverance it hits 95 degrees at ultra high settings but I've changed the boost on the GPU so it's doing 1800-1900. The temp doesn't bother me it'll be good for Winter. It's super fast, takes seconds to boot up, plug it into my 32" monitor feels like a true desktop, runs everything it throws at it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think people look at things the wrong way when they think new GPUs are around the corner.

A better way of doing it would be for a person to decide what level of performance they want and how much they want to pay for it.

For example if someone wanted 1080 Ti levels of performance they could either buy a cheap used 1080 Ti now or wait for the 1170 whenever that turns up.

Either way the performance and cost are going to be about the same but they would get to use the 1080 Ti right away. If they wait for the 1170 it could still be months away.
It can depend on an individuals needs also. Most of the time I manage to sell what I purchased for around the price I buy it for or for a little loss. Sometimes I even make a profit.

It is about timing and whether one is happy not gaming much on the latest games while they wait. This usually suits me.

Associate
Is it deffo the same one there is so many different specs it's confusing, I updated the above post, I really like it, it does get toast but I run the fans on "low" and in Kingdom Come Deliverance it hits 95 degrees at ultra high settings but I've changed the boost on the GPU so it's doing 1800-1900. The temp doesn't bother me it'll be good for Winter. It's super fast, takes seconds to boot up, plug it into my 32" monitor feels like a true desktop, runs everything it throws at it.

Exact same but with 16gb ram, I know what you mean I prefer it to my desktop at the moment :pdon’t want to hijack this thread so could you search my “wild cpu usage” thread in your spare time. see if you could shed any light to maybe replicate on your system a fix for me. Would be much appreciated. I don’t mind the heat or the noise just put the volume up

Associate
Peeps, do we expect the 1160 to match the 1080 like how the 1060 matched the 980?.

Or could we see the 1160 match the 1070/ti , the 1170 match the 1080/ti and the 1180 be the new king of the hill.

Man of Honour
Peeps, do we expect the 1160 to match the 1080 like how the 1060 matched the 980?.

Or could we see the 1160 match the 1070/ti , the 1170 match the 1080/ti and the 1180 be the new king of the hill.

The 1180 won't be king of the hill, that spot is already taken.:)

r0jsTbF.jpg

What is an interesting question is - Will NVidia's next gen cards follow the style and colour scheme of the Titan V?

1070 trades blows with the 980Ti most of the time. I'd say the 1060 6GB and 970 are closely matched.

This ^

Back
Top Bottom