GTX 1070 stopped working

Associate
ICHILL GTX 1070 Wasn't displaying any output. Turned PC off and on again, still nothing. Tried the motherboard display and it boots into bios and says CPU FAN SPEED ERROR. I disable the fan speed low limit and it just wont boot back up when i reset. Has the card also fried my motherboard!? I've had both the card and motherboard for less than a year and if I'm honest I'm really gutted. Did notice a weird smell when I opened my case. Its the first expensive card and motherboard I've invested in. Solutions? Or am I just going to have to return as I believe it's still under guarentee.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Its Corsair and its 750 watt. I5 6600k. Asus maximus ranger viii. I was getting error code 62 on my motherboard when trying to boot without a gfx card in the PCIE slot. I've put a really old GFX card in and its booted up now. Could be a faulty gfx card?

***Update***

Computer will not boot up without a gfx card in PCIE. Get error code 62 on motherboard which according to the manual is "installation of the PCH Runtime services"

Last edited:
Associate
Are you watercooling the CPU? the fan speed error means a PWM fan needs to be plugged into the header pins for CPUFAN_1

I'd recommend getting a cheap second hand PCI-e graphics card to test your motherboard if you're worried about breaking it - it'll help narrow down the fault, and sending back a graphics card is much easier than changing motherboard.

Associate
OP
I've managed to get it to boot up using a REALLY old 256 mb PCI e card. It will not boot up using onboard gfx, I just get error code 62 on the little screen on my mobo. There was a definite smell of burning when I opened the case. I just hope it hasn't broke the PCI e ports.

Back
Top Bottom