• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1080 or RTX 2070...which should I choose?

Associate
Hi All,

Been saving up for a new GPU for VR gaming and wanted to know whether I should go for a GTX 1080 or RTX 2070 as the pricing at the moment seems about the same if not the RTX 2070 a little cheaper!

Would hate to buy a GTX 1080 to find that in a month the price has dropped considerably.

Many thanks
Daz

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies guys. One pal of mine said that there are loads of issues with the RTX cards and many are dying within a short period of time...anyone know if this is the case or just scaremongering?

It would appear from the replies above that I should be looking at a RTX 2070 then. You would have thought people would be dropping the price of the 1080's to clear them?

Associate
OP
I should probably add that I play Eve Online and Elite Dangerous. The only reason for changing GPUs is I want to get an Oculus Rift for Elite Dangerous. I can't see me playing any games that would really tax some of the modern GPUs but don't want to sell myself short. My current GTX 770 has served me so well for years running 3 x 24" monitors with the games. The onus is getting a GPU for VR that'll see us through the developments over the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom