• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

gtx 465

Exe

Exe

Associate
Ello, i was looking into buying 3 used 465s currently using the haf 932 case so was thinkinf maybe putting 4 GT 1450rpms on the side for gpu cooling, would they be fairly effective? ive seen the 465s get pretty higher temps from reviews.

Soldato
Personally, I wouldn't.

First, as you mentioned the GTX 465 has a reputation for being a relatively hot card (since it is a cut-down GF100 core like the GTX 480, and doesn't use the GF104 core like the GTX 460 which is smaller, cooler and generally more efficient for gaming). If you put three together in a system then you will not only need a very beefy PSU (each card requires a maximum of 200W) but some serious cooling would be required - which will get very noisy.

Then you need to take into account the relatively poor scaling of running three cards in SLI, compared to running two cards (which is now rather efficient).

Therefore, I would suggest you go for one or two more powerful/newer/cooler/quieter cards instead of these GTX 465s.

Soldato
I agree with cmndr andi on this.

I have had two gtx470's in sli and while the performance was good they were hot and noisy. Got rid of them in the end, Shudder to think what 3 of them would be like..

Caporegime
I agree with cmndr andi on this.

I have had two gtx470's in sli and while the performance was good they were hot and noisy. Got rid of them in the end, Shudder to think what 3 of them would be like..
Got two here, to keep the temps and noise down ive resorted to running a frame limiter in a lot of games, above 65% fan speed they are quite noisy cards. Thinking of ditching them for a single card.

Top Bottom