• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gtx 480 OC

Associate
hi guys, ive managed to overclock my 480 to the following with stock cooler

core clock 835

shader clock 1670

memory clock 1925

How would this card now compare to a GTX 580 in terms of performance?

Cheers
Karl

Associate
OP
Looking good, what are your load temps?

So far whilst playing metro 2033 very high settings dx11 for 1 hour the graphic card has reached a temp of 69C, also the cpu has reached a massive.... 41C :confused:

*edit* An updated pic with the Corsair A70 fitted vertically & a pic from the front of the case.

Please ignore the messy cable management... I will get round to sorting that out!!

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4081/wp000154.jpg

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2825/wp000158.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Wasn't it the stock Gigabyte clocks of the SE that equalled 580 performance?

I can't remember who reviewed it but on googling it was 820mhz core, 4000mhz memory and 1400mhz shaders that resulted in 580 stock performance I think...

Associate
So far whilst playing metro 2033 very high settings dx11 for 1 hour the graphic card has reached a temp of 69C, also the cpu has reached a massive.... 41C :confused:

*edit* An updated pic with the Corsair A70 fitted vertically & a pic from the front of the case.

Please ignore the messy cable management... I will get round to sorting that out!!

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4081/wp000154.jpg

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2825/wp000158.jpg

Thats impressive tanner if your cards only hitting 69c on a stock cooler i no my SOC when pushed to 850/2000 that level was touching 80+ upward easily in games and benchmarkin but furmark/OCCT was about 100 lol not that my case is a slouch or rubbish cable management My CM 932 Advanced

Also while im hear ive got a problem and was wondering if seeing as youself and Buckster have 480's if i could ask a favour, in Batman AA do you have any artifacts or strange flicking when you zoom in on your visor? And on Crysis 2's 2nd to last level where your in a Tankish thing lol do you get nearly the same wierd flicking on the big building as soon as you turn the corner?
I ask only because i sent my SOC 480 back thinking that was at fault but it doesnt appear so as its happening on my 570 Un OC'D if you click the link you'll see what i mean.

Linky

Associate
Thats impressive tanner if your cards only hitting 69c on a stock cooler i no my SOC when pushed to 850/2000 that level was touching 80+ upward easily in games and benchmarkin but furmark/OCCT was about 100 lol not that my case is a slouch or rubbish cable management My CM 932 Advanced

Also while im hear ive got a problem and was wondering if seeing as youself and Buckster have 480's if i could ask a favour, in Batman AA do you have any artifacts or strange flicking when you zoom in on your visor? And on Crysis 2's 2nd to last level where your in a Tankish thing lol do you get nearly the same wierd flicking on the big building as soon as you turn the corner?
I ask only because i sent my SOC 480 back thinking that was at fault but it doesnt appear so as its happening on my 570 Un OC'D if you click the link you'll see what i mean.

Linky

I'm not sure of it's official (have seen it on the forums) but it has been stated that there is as much as a 21% failure rate on the Gigabyte 480 SOC models at stock voltage. If your SOC is buggering up, RMA that mother! You'll get a better one, one that will OC even further...

Associate
I'm not sure of it's official (have seen it on the forums) but it has been stated that there is as much as a 21% failure rate on the Gigabyte 480 SOC models at stock voltage. If your SOC is buggering up, RMA that mother! You'll get a better one, one that will OC even further...

yeah i have the same thing with my 570 that i got as a replacement aswell which is strange both of the cards SOC 480 and 570 did it no matter clock, volts, driver. I rma'd the SOC and was told to basically not choose the same model if ive had problems with it sorta thing so asked what the next best was and got told 570, had a tinker and its score when OC'd in 3dmark 11 was 6101 but if i updated to 275.27 it would shoot up around 400 but its overall Min, Max, Avg is lower even with that higher score compared to the SOC

Back
Top Bottom