• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 670 capable @ 1080p? (2013)

nlr

nlr

Associate
Hey,

I was wondering if the gtx 670 is still a capable graphics card at 1080p? How long should it last with next gen on the door step and will it have any problems playing any games at this resolution?

If so what should I upgrade to play all games at good/maxed settings @ 1080p?

Cheers

Caporegime
yeah look at consoles and what is happening that card will still be capable for a few years yet

this years biggest card titles like bf4 for eg is just bf3 so nothing to trouble it for min year yet.

Soldato
So I don't really need to upgrade for 1-2 years if I want to max all games @ 1080p?

Pretty much. But it really depends what gona happen once the consoles are released. It will probably 2014 that we start to see games coming out with the next gen console requirments.

Even then the 670 should be enough.

Soldato
I run 670 sli at 1080 totally overkill but Ive maxed everything including crysis 3 without too many problems although i did see drops down to high 30s when things got busy

nlr

nlr

Associate
OP
Excluding some high-end games (e.g. Metro and Crysis 3) and if you're ok with having AA at 2x. Then yes you'll be ok for a while.

Thanks guys and if I'm not okay with that what card should I get to replace it? GTX 770?

Soldato
A 670 would still be fine for 1440p let alone 1080p. I'm using a 680 which isn't massively faster on my 1440p screen and it maxes most games out (although I have to cut the AA on some games).

A 770 is only a tweaked 680 and is barely any faster. Stick with your 670 to be honest or add a second one for sli if you really do need more grunt.

Soldato
Will frostbite 3 do okay on a 670? When it's optimized for AMD cards..

Do not worry about the "optimised for AMD" BS. I have no doubts that it will run fine.
Basically just means that AMD are paying DICE to dev exclusively on their kit and get their logo and slogan on startup of the games.
This already happens for both nVidia and AMD and has done for years.

Back
Top Bottom