• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTx 670's and a waterblock...

Soldato
Windforce yes, kfa2 oc no afaik

Windforce PCB is the same with 2 caps less than the 680 windforce, the 680 windforce is marked as full ref PCB by ek so compatible with fc680 blocks :)

Soldato
I don't see any reason why not

670 Windforce X3 PCB:

670%20PCB.jpeg

680 Windforce X3 PCB

680%20PCB.jpeg

The 680 Windforce is down on EK's coolingconfigurator as full Nvidia reference design and will take the full cover waterblock. Based on this there is no reason the 670 won't take all makes of 680 FC block, be it EK, AC, Swiftech, Koolance etc...

Also have you found stock of the swiftech with backplate? As the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a 680 block yet is that absolutely no where in Europe has the backplates in stock :(

Associate
Nah mate, waiting to find one myself.
I already have ordered the sli waterblock bridge as I was originally gonna get 2 680 hydro's but after seeing the performance of this card and the fact that 680's are non existent I decided to go with these.
Also I only game @ 1080p so 2 of these seemed like a lot more price/performance sense than 2 x 680's.
Ordered 2 today.
Now have to wait for 2 x hydro waterblocks + backplates and I will be happy :)

Soldato
Cooling Configurator has 670's up, just GB & EVGA at the mo, but have confirmed the 680 block fits on the windforce, also that blocks are in the works for that tiny PCB!

Back
Top Bottom