• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 780 Owners Club

Associate
If you do go for another 780, id strongly advise going with a reference design. If you bung two non refs together youll run into heat issues on the top card. That aside 780 sli is still pretty powerful. Though with newer games it remains to be seen if 3gb of vram will be enough.

Yeah just saw that 10 minutes ago or so, Someone had a Windforce and Classified 780 and one of them was in the 90's!

Caporegime
I suspect my top one would be into the 90's on auto fan. I use a custom 1-1 fan ratio, but even with that it will still hit 80c sometimes. Bottom one never go's over 65c. Good board spacing can help too. Mine are quite close together.

Associate
If you do go for another 780, id strongly advise going with a reference design. If you bung two non refs together youll run into heat issues on the top card. That aside 780 sli is still pretty powerful. Though with newer games it remains to be seen if 3gb of vram will be enough.
If you had a case with a large side fan that either removed or blew air directly over the graphics cards, would the top card still be hitting high temps like that?

Soldato
Hello all. Sorry late to the party.

Mine below - apologies for the phone pic.

PeMwbz.jpg

Caporegime
If you had a case with a large side fan that either removed or blew air directly over the graphics cards, would the top card still be hitting high temps like that?
missed this, its actually something I'm looking into doing. Just need to source a hole saw blade. Will try the fan as both exhaust/intake.

Back
Top Bottom