• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

gtx 950 £200 a pop on ocuk

Soldato
why?

the 1050s seem overpriced as expected and undersupplied with most on pre order status, I then thought maybe a 950 and was shocked at the price.

Soldato
Surely end of life stuff should be dirt cheap, not much more expensive? :p

If a retailer decides to sell an item "dirt cheap", would they really want to do so on the QT?

The cards will probably get left at that price for a period of time, and then SALE can be emblazoned next to the revised (realistic) price. This way no-one gets to shake their fist in rage and threaten to write emails to Which and enraged forum posts on Mumsnet and the like.

Hoop, covered.

Soldato
Gibbo has mentioned before that they're not bothered about heavily discounting their last few units of things, as they eventually trickle out at full price. Considering they only have five 950s total in stock, I'm sure there's no rush to get them gone when you can just stack them in the corner and wait for five suckers people who really want that specific card. ;)

Same reason there's a B-grade 780 Ti HoF priced at £260 in the clearance section. :D

Soldato
I've always wondered the same thing, not just from ocuk but all the retailers. Maybe when some of the manufacturers supply the cards to the retailers they do it with the understanding that they wont be put on sale when their new line comes out as it might temp people towards the EOL stuff.

Soldato
I've always wondered the same thing, not just from ocuk but all the retailers. Maybe when some of the manufacturers supply the cards to the retailers they do it with the understanding that they wont be put on sale when their new line comes out as it might temp people towards the EOL stuff.

It might be because some systems are not compatible with newer cards or some software so they keep some of the old stock behind for people who would need a replacement for the same card in the future??

Caporegime
Gibbo has mentioned before that they're not bothered about heavily discounting their last few units of things, as they eventually trickle out at full price. Considering they only have five 950s total in stock, I'm sure there's no rush to get them gone when you can just stack them in the corner and wait for five suckers people who really want that specific card. ;)

Same reason there's a B-grade 780 Ti HoF priced at £260 in the clearance section. :D

Spot on, pity about the 780ti though, I want another for SLI but wouldn't pay half that!

Back
Top Bottom