Gtx1070 freesync in 2021?

Associate
Hi All.

Im considering getting a gaming monitor. I dont want to spend loads on it, and may look for something second hand.

Gsync monitors seem to be expensive. ive read about nvidia cards working with freesync monitors but the articles seem a few years old. And i cant find much info about where we are with this now.

Do freesync monitors work fairly well with nvidia now? Or is it monitor specific?

Thanks

Associate
I'm using this with a GTX1070 and it works fantastically. Colours pop, no discernable bleed, crisp, bright and fast. Very happy. From what I gather, freesync monitors work great with Nv cards (even ones that are not officially certified). You've not mentioned your budget, so hopefully c. £200 is within reach.

Associate
I'm using this with a GTX1070 and it works fantastically. Colours pop, no discernable bleed, crisp, bright and fast. Very happy. From what I gather, freesync monitors work great with Nv cards (even ones that are not officially certified). You've not mentioned your budget, so hopefully c. £200 is within reach.
+1 brilliant value and works great with GTX1070

Man of Honour
As an aside you need Windows 10 to use G-Sync compatible with an adaptive sync monitor - it largely just works in my experience even on the uncertified monitors but a small number have issues with flicker and/or black screens, etc.

Associate
OP
Perfect, thanks guys.

Yeah something like the one linked. 1080p is probably the best option, though i like the idea of a 27. I like the 27 i use for work, though its 1440p. 1440p might be a bit unrealistic at a high frame rate on modern games?

I need to run a cable 4 meters too, so 1080p is likely to cause less issues.

Looking around at some used ones. I see some are TN. I seem to recall a few years back, all the fast ones were TN, but now i see IPS and VA at 144hz. Do the ips and va monitors still look better than the TNs when running fast?

Thanks again

Permabanned
"G-Sync compatible" is the all important phrase. If a monitor says that it is usually Freesync but it has been verified by the manufacturer to work with NVIDIA.

For games ( if that's all it's for ) a 27" 1920x1080 look pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom