• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX1660 Super to an RTX4060

Man of Honour
Hmmm, it's still randomly stuttering try the fps can still be showing 80+ and neither the CPU or GPU is maxed out. Plenty of ram available and was wondering if it could be the SSD but it's not anywhere near maxing out.

Struggling to figure this one out.
You mean, not only in fire fights?

Is there any commonality in the areas that it stutters, or for how long the session?

What other software is running while gaming?

Checked the event viewer for around the time of the stutters?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You mean, not only in fire fights?

Is there any commonality in the areas that it stutters, or for how long the session?

What other software is running while gaming?

Checked the event viewer for around the time of the stutters?

Ah it's all good now. I had it back in DX11 as he was complaining about load times when in DX12 but I think that's just in the beginning as it loads the new assets or something.

I also forgot that I had previously upgraded the ram to 1600, but still had it at 1333 so took care of that in bios as well

It's staying above 100fps now even in firefights. Thanks though, appreciate the help.

Associate
OP
Jeezy peeps, blue screen of death! Lol

Rolled the ram back to 1333 and all is good again. I thought it had 32GB but it's only 24GB. I've got a feeling the original 1333 stick is in it. Will swap that out and pop in an extra 16GB.

Man of Honour
Jeezy peeps, blue screen of death! Lol

Rolled the ram back to 1333 and all is good again. I thought it had 32GB but it's only 24GB. I've got a feeling the original 1333 stick is in it. Will swap that out and pop in an extra 16GB.
Did you increase the volts? DDR3 was a long time ago in my mind, but I think 1600 kits tended to need more volts. I'd guess they went down over time though, so I don't know for sure. CPU-Z's SPD tab should tell you what it wants.

Associate
OP
Did you increase the volts? DDR3 was a long time ago in my mind, but I think 1600 kits tended to need more volts. I'd guess they went down over time though, so I don't know for sure. CPU-Z's SPD tab should tell you what it wants.

I think it's set to auto with the volts for both cpu and ram? Would need to double check. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom