• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX295 stuttering?

Associate
I have a poblem with stuttering in my games.
But the problem seems to come and go.
I was playing counterstrike source and if I run through an area it stutters but if I run back through it again it does not stutter.
I am using a GTX295 with the latest 191 drivers and I have tried them all.
A corei7 920 at 3.4GHz and 6 GB 1600MHz RAM.
What could be causing this?
Thanks.

Associate
Possibly your game configuration and graphics settings not supported or setup for the game. It should not stutter which suggests a problem.

What are your in-game rates and in-game graphics settings set to have you tried putting all on low or high?

Associate
Possibly your game configuration and graphics settings not supported or setup for the game. It should not stutter which suggests a problem.

What are your in-game rates and in-game graphics settings set to have you tried putting all on low or high?

I'm running a slightly lower setup then that and I get a constant 60fps even in large servers on max settings, something must be up with the drivers I imagine.

Associate
186.xx drivers are still the most stable and relyable.

Also try the SLI enhancement patch, available from nVidia's driver page.

Top Bottom