• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX680 3 Way Help Please

Associate
OP
Thanks for looking 
Ok from looking on the Msi site they give this info

Slots
• 4 PCI Express gen3 x16 slots
- PCI_E1 supports up to PCIE x16 speed
- PCI_E5 supports up to PCIE x16 speed when PCI_E3 is empty, or supports x8 speed when PCI_E3 is occupied
- PCI_E3 & PCI_E7 support up to PCIE x8 speed
• 3 PCI Express gen2 x16 slots
- PCI_E2, PCU_E4 & PCI_E6 support up to PCIE x1 speed

Now this is where I get lost, it says in BOLD! 3 PCI Express gen2 x16 slots, but then below it says up to PCIE x1? Also if I look at the PCIE Slots on the board the E2, E4 & E6 all look like they have pins over half the socket saying they are 16x slots :s

Associate
OP
Cheers :)

I will have a play tomo, my next problem if I do manage to get a 3rd card installed, will a Sli bridge fit as the gap is 90mm between 2 cards :s

If the Sli bride would be a problem I will need to water cool, do OcUK Stock any water blocks for the 4Gb cards... Thanks

Associate
OP
The manual also states it can run • 4 PCI Express gen3 x16 slots lol but like you said it only has 2 16x slots from the photo, interesting to see what performance difference I will get from different slots.

Back
Top Bottom