• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX780ti overclocking

Associate
hello,

looking for some advice..

im doing abit of a system overhaul in the next few days from:

OC FX6300
8gb ddr3 ram and gigabyte cheap mobo

to

i5 8400
gigabyte z730
16gb DDR4 3000 mhz patriot viper 4 series ram
with a cryorig c7 cooler

i currenty have a gtx 780ti and would like to extend its life untill volta arrives.

is it possible to overclock?
it is a zotac version.

is it worth over clocking? and what can i see by doing it?

TIA

Soldato
You'll see funny looking blocks or colours on screen, or it will just goto a black screen or crash, as I said, just bump it up a bit and see how you go, start with like 20mhz, hit up youtube for msi afterburner overclocking guides, and have fun :D

Associate
Exactly as LeMson said. Without adjusting voltage you are entirely safe from cooking the GPU and even then you'd likely need to modify at least the card's BIOS to be able to reach unsafe voltages.

I tend to use Unigine Heaven to test overclocks as it loads quickly and utilises the card pretty heavily.

Associate
OP
Exactly as LeMson said. Without adjusting voltage you are entirely safe from cooking the GPU and even then you'd likely need to modify at least the card's BIOS to be able to reach unsafe voltages.

I tend to use Unigine Heaven to test overclocks as it loads quickly and utilises the card pretty heavily.

i have had after burner a while but cant see where to move up the mhz?

Soldato
You should be able to overclock the GPU to at least 1200Mhz so you probably have a fair bit more leeway left if you've only overclocked it by 30Mhz. You shouldn't worry about unlocking and using the power sliders to increase power limits to the maximum, the 780Ti's were really well put together cards and can handle the extra power without a problem. Don't forget to overclock the memory too.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You should be able to overclock the GPU to at least 1200Mhz so you probably have a fair bit more leeway left if you've only overclocked it by 30Mhz. You shouldn't worry about unlocking and using the power sliders to increase power limits to the maximum, the 780Ti's were really well put together cards and can handle the extra power without a problem. Don't forget to overclock the memory too.

how do I over clock the memory?

Back
Top Bottom