Man of Honour
If you like the belt then buy it.

I think it's ugly AF. Just buy something plain and stylish for a lot lot ot less. But if you like it then go for it.

Soldato
Waltz into a tasteful menswear outlet store, find belt section, buy a nice belt for a fraction of that cost.

Walk out knowing you didn't spend £270 odd on something that simply holds your cackers up, because everyone will just think it's obnoxious and/or fake if you buy the pointless gucci one anyway. The only way they will know it's genuine is if you bring it up in conversation. Are you really going to be one of those people who brings up the price and authenticity of something like this?

Gets a boat to work but got rejected for his pay review.
Hard lines my friend! Send me your PayPal deer’s and I’ll tap you some money, oh poor one?

Gucci belts scream success. You want to win again next year right? You won’t be able to do that unless you exude success. You should buy, and wear two...

Soldato
Waltz into a tasteful menswear outlet store, find belt section, buy a nice belt for a fraction of that cost.

Walk out knowing you didn't spend £270 odd on something that simply holds your cackers up, because everyone will just think it's obnoxious and/or fake if you buy the pointless gucci one anyway. The only way they will know it's genuine is if you bring it up in conversation. Are you really going to be one of those people who brings up the price and authenticity of something like this?

Do not do this. You're quite literally buying second place, if you're lucky. You might have gross revenue but you might not have net - a whole new equation. That's like your colleague saying that you might have a Gucci belt, and the buckle might not hurt, but your trousers do not deserve to be suspended by that belt. As a top revenue earner, you understand the inextricable link between belt and trouser.

Soldato
Generally only worn by those who are trampy, wouldn't bother. For example (NSFW):
removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
It's tells people how rich yow are without having to move yar lips. Quite the innovation.

OTOH, it tells people what a dumb **** you are for spending £270 for a strip of leather with a Gucci buckle.
I’m not reticent about spending money, I don’t blink at picking up a £90 - £100 tab for dinner with my wife in a decent restaurant, but for that I get good service, great food, fine wines, and an excellent ambience in great surroundings, she’s happy, and I’m happy.

Soldato
OTOH, it tells people what a dumb **** you are for spending £270 for a strip of leather with a Gucci buckle.
I’m not reticent about spending money, I don’t blink at picking up a £90 - £100 tab for dinner with my wife in a decent restaurant, but for that I get good service, great food, fine wines, and an excellent ambience in great surroundings, she’s happy, and I’m happy.

But that lasts just one night, and then you've only got memories left.

A Gucci belt will always be there, a constant reminder of the top revenue earner, a marque that you're the top of the pile, the big dog, the alpha.

Caporegime
Ignore the haters OP - you get yourself that belt!

While you're at it you might want to get your suit trousers adjusted, give yourself a bit of space on the left or the right (depending on which side you dress) for the big swinging **** you obviously possess and want everyone to know about...

Caporegime
ThAt belt looks sturdy enough to take your full weight for the few minutes it takes, when you find out you are no longer the top revenue earner in the double glazing sales callroom.

Deffo get it, express your wealth in leather and metal around your waist. You earned it.

Soldato
What is the dress code for the Awards Night ? That wouldn’t go with a black-tie event.

If you want to show that you’re a PIMP then get the belt, there are far classier ways to show that you have a few quid.

Rule of thumb is the louder it is the less you actually have.

Back
Top Bottom