Guess & Test - A New Exciting Motherboard From MSI

Soldato
Friends, let's relax.

We chose a winner from all of the entrants. Let's not get snipey about it. thewanted won the giveaway, it seems like they're a well established and liked user here, so I'm happy they were picked. I simply took the total number of entries before the cut off time, used a random number generator and used that to pull the post number, checked they gave the correct answer and awarded based on that.

We're doing something nice by giving someone the best part of a full build. Yeah, it makes us look lovely (and I promise we are!), but also it has the good upside of giving someone something pretty nice if I do say so myself. Let's not turn it into nitpicking and getting angry around the result.

I'm sorry I couldn't give away 40 odd kits so everyone had one, but we'll definitely be swinging back round before too long with something else I'm sure.

Big love folks <3

Thanks for running this competition!

Associate
Congratulations @thewanted

And thank you @MSIUK Support for doing the competition, please may you do another one day. It was fun to enter :)

Also guys check on overclockers twitter if you're not already as they run competitions usually all sponsored and weekly ish. I've not won any yet but only just started to stalk, I mean follow them on twitter.

Soldato
Well, all of my goodies arrived over the past week :) The processor was very kindly upgraded to a 3700X from a 3600 so if I wasn't already ecstatic, I certainly am now!

PdZABUa.jpg

Here's the finished product. Please excuse the slightly smudgy appearance in the photos. I think my phone's camera is playing up :(

I only built it last night so I haven't had a chance to play with it much, but Call of Duty Warzone is now pretty much pegged at 165 FPS (my monitor's refresh rate) which is a huge jump from the ~100FPS I used to get with the 4770K!

The B550 Tomahawk has at least 5 billion more options than my Z87 board did :eek: You definitely won't be feeling left short if you're a tinkerer!

Thank you so much again to MSI, AMD and @MSIUK Support for making this possible.

9QYkI8v.jpg
6wvon2n.jpg

Soldato
Well, all of my goodies arrived over the past week :) The processor was very kindly upgraded to a 3700X from a 3600 so if I wasn't already ecstatic, I certainly am now!

PdZABUa.jpg

Here's the finished product. Please excuse the slightly smudgy appearance in the photos. I think my phone's camera is playing up :(

I only built it last night so I haven't had a chance to play with it much, but Call of Duty Warzone is now pretty much pegged at 165 FPS (my monitor's refresh rate) which is a huge jump from the ~100FPS I used to get with the 4770K!

The B550 Tomahawk has at least 5 billion more options than my Z87 board did :eek: You definitely won't be feeling left short if you're a tinkerer!

Thank you so much again to MSI, AMD and @MSIUK Support for making this possible.

9QYkI8v.jpg
6wvon2n.jpg

Sweet. I hope you enjoy using it!

Man of Honour

PdZABUa.jpg

9QYkI8v.jpg
6wvon2n.jpg

Niiiiceee amd/msi hooked you up there. I had a forced update on the wifes machine from a 2700x to the 3600 and the 3000 series mid range matches the 2700x so the 2000 series top chip in production and beats it in the games.. Thats pretty damn good in my eyes for a single gen... That 3700x is a cracking chip I am sure.

Well deserved dude and that 5700(xt) is looking dappa in there as well. Thanks for sharing with us all!!

Soldato
Actually, if it was down to me, I'd have given myself the winning entry, I'm about due an upgrade on my personal setup too!

Ah, but you'd be having a Threadripper build for all those complex spreadsheets and to show off all those PCI Express v4 lanes.

Well, all of my goodies arrived over the past week

Congratulations again. Hopefully I'll be as lucky next time.

Soldato
Thanks guys. I'm rather smitten with it!

Got the 3700X running at 1866MHz IF with PBO enabled and 3733MHz CL16 on the RAM. It's B-Die so maybe I'll get it to CL14 but I'm not going to spend hours fiddling with it at the moment and just enjoy some (high FPS :D) Warzone.

Associate
OP

So good to see the final build, looks great.

Although I'm gonna make a demand. PEEL THAT FILM OFF! We don't tolerate non-peeling purists at MSI ;)

Congrats again, been great to chat with you to get the logistics of your deliveries sorted and you've been super understanding when things took a little longer. Clearly a truly deserving winner and I look forward to hearing how well your performance holds up too!

Soldato
So good to see the final build, looks great.

Although I'm gonna make a demand. PEEL THAT FILM OFF! We don't tolerate non-peeling purists at MSI ;)

Congrats again, been great to chat with you to get the logistics of your deliveries sorted and you've been super understanding when things took a little longer. Clearly a truly deserving winner and I look forward to hearing how well your performance holds up too!

Haha! Don't worry, my 11 month old son will pull it off before long ;)

I've only played the latest COD so far, but it's gone from ~90% CPU usage and ~100FPS to ~22% CPU usage and pretty much pegged at 165FPS so it's been a rather large boost in performance!

Permabanned

I think anyone would have been delighted with that win even if it took 2 months to arrive. :D

Back
Top Bottom