Guitar Related Xmas Present

Soldato
Hi, I need some advice. My bro is a really good guitar player. Up until about a year ago it was pretty much his life. He was in a couple of bands, one of which was quite successful, etc.

He plays pretty much anything, but he is into rock and metal. Main influence is Metallica.

In the last year he all of a sudden stopped playing completely. Dont know why.....I think as he is working full time now 6 days a week he doesnt have the time, but he has the occasional session with his friends.

Speaking to him the other day he said that he wants to start playing more, so I was thinking of buying him something guitar related, but Im not sure what.
The problem is, is that hes got pretty much everything he needs, Amp, pedals, guitars, leads, etc.

What can I get him for Christmas, thats guitar related up to £30 (our sibling spend limit is set at that). Any suggestions? Cheers.

Soldato
panthro said:
Hi, I need some advice. My bro is a really good guitar player. Up until about a year ago it was pretty much his life. He was in a couple of bands, one of which was quite successful, etc.

He plays pretty much anything, but he is into rock and metal. Main influence is Metallica.

In the last year he all of a sudden stopped playing completely. Dont know why.....I think as he is working full time now 6 days a week he doesnt have the time, but he has the occasional session with his friends.

Speaking to him the other day he said that he wants to start playing more, so I was thinking of buying him something guitar related, but Im not sure what.
The problem is, is that hes got pretty much everything he needs, Amp, pedals, guitars, leads, etc.

What can I get him for Christmas, thats guitar related up to £30 (our sibling spend limit is set at that). Any suggestions? Cheers.

How about a guitar DVD? the John Petrucci and Steve Vai ones are quite good, with good licks to learn and cost around 20 sovs. Or maybe a good inspiring guitarfest, one of the G3 DVD's? the Malmsteen one is good !!

Soldato
OP
I was also thinking about some new. better quality humbuckers, as the ones on his Epiphone Les Paul are standard, and he plays that guitar the most. How much are they?

Associate
£80 would be for the likes of your Seymour Duncan's etc Kent Armstrong make some good pick-ups and reasonably priced as well at £40. Problem with buying something like that is if he doesn't like the sound you have wasted your money.

Soldato
What would be nice would be something like a custom engraved truss rod cover. I'm sure you could find someone who would do one for around £30. Although you'd probably need his assistance with this, and his main guitar might not even have a truss-rod cover :p This is something I'd appreciate anyway since it's personalised and unique.

Back
Top Bottom