***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

What Delvis said, plus:

-hips can be a little high on some reps
-grip too narrow, it looks like your arms are in front of your legs
-bar should be in contact with your body for all of the rep

Wozza, you have some flexion in your back when you set up which is leading to your soft lockout at the top.

A2Z, not the worst, but not enough hamstring involvement. Keep your knees back and stop extending your neck.

This guy...

Improvements over last time. You won't really get away with a narrower stance due to the luxurious length of your legs. Yes, you're bar path moves forward slightly as you descend, but this isn't terrible. The only straightforward way to combat this is with a wider stance, given how much work has gone into ankle range.

You still have work to do with your core. Have you been doing the KB walks? More of this kind of stuff, plus I can show you more stuff.

I think you need to shift your focus towards strengthening areas rather than blasting mobility. Sometimes range opens up when there is sufficient stability.

Please do return, minus the Soilmaster.

Definitely a bit of both.

My suspicion is that it's primarily a movement patterning/firing sequence issue. Lifting as you were it's very unlikely that you weren't firing your core when you deadlifted, for example, but the sequence, timing, and extent of the activation was probably poor.

Interchangeable steps:

- Be able to generate much stronger contractions across all of your core bits (easy ish)
- Reprogramme what your body does when you hinge at the hip (less easy)

Not bad, however:

Shoulders ending up quite far forwards
You aren't 100% solid when you reverse the movement at the bottom

Ignore trying to get deeper for now, you will just end up doing worse reps. Consider pausing slightly at the bottom, and reaching back with your hips more so your shoulders aren't so far forward.

Back
Top Bottom