Gym Rats Awards - 2015

Man of Honour
It's that time of year again, where we reward the worthy and laugh at the unworthy. Well not so much the latter but we do like to give recognition to those that deserve it and to give encouragement to those that might think their efforts are going unnoticed.

Awards are:

Gym Rat of the Year: This award is for someone who has been a credit to the Gym rats community, did a lot for the community, maybe did something that really inspired you by competing or going through a hardship to overcome something. Maybe it's someone on the boards who you just admire, it could be anything
Most Improved Physique:
Most Improved Lifts:
Best Log: The log that you most enjoy reading or that gives you the most inspiration/motivation/ideas
Best Contributor: This is the award for someone who contributes knowledge and help to others consistently and can always be relied on for giving information and help to others.
Best Physique:

Last year I did it so that people would have to email me their votes so it wasn't obvious who was winning what and it was a surprise at the end, but people found that they couldn't be bothered if they had to leave the thread so hardly anyone voted :p

So this year we'll go back to posting in this thread with your votes.

Please take the time to vote as it's great encouragement and it is good to recognize those that have put the effort in and achieved something

Man of Honour
OP
You guys...

If there's anything I can do to try and make it so there's more incentive to vote then please suggest it, as these things seem to become less and less active each year

Man of Honour
Gym Rat of the Year: Steedie, for all that he does for the group, even if he doesn't log.

Most Improved Physique: will update... Probably Hades.

Most Improved Lifts: Dreamforger, IIRC

Best Log: Dreamforger, although he never trains arms, so possibly need to review this.

Best Contributor: Tom_e because he is well fit and provides useful, pragmatic advice... :cool:

Best physique: Fireskull. Because even though he doesn't post pics of legs, it is the Huge Jackman situation... The top half is good enough to make the bottom half irrelevant. ;)

Man of Honour
Gym Rat of the Year: Tough one as there are loads of awesome people. Those that stand out are already mentioned below (and tom_e).
Most Improved Physique: BennyC - have you seen those cycling quads? :eek:
Most Improved Lifts: er...dunno yo
Best Log: Nate Silvers. Nothing more needs to be said. No other log provided me with as much amusement.
Best Contributor: mrthingyx - consistently patient and always full of helpful advice. Incredibly knowledgeable.
Best Physique: er...dunno yo

Man of Honour
I just rock up post twoddle and keep the **** rolling in the group, you lot are easily pleased :D

Gym Rat of the Year: Stoodles because meat/meets.
Most Improved Physique: Not sure, may need to do some /nohomo studying but Monkee springs to mind right now.
Most Improved Lifts: Dreamforger
Best Log: Nate Silvers. It pains me but for pure brilliant entertainment then yes.
Best Contributor: mrthingyx - consistently patient and always full of helpful advice. Incredibly knowledgeable. Cant argue with this always good advice with the facts to back it up
Best Physique: FF, because much handsome.

Associate
Here are my nominees based on the forums and fb group stuff :cool:

Most Improved Physique: Tom_e
Most Improved Lifts: Reiyushin
Best Log: mrthingyx
Best Contributor: mrthingyx
Best Physique: MoNkeE

Man of Honour
I'll be forced to post pictures of me in nothing but a Santa hat if you lazy vaginas don't vote, that'll put you off your Christmas dinner.

Soldato
Gym Rat of the Year: Steedie - the glue that holds all the biceps, boobs and meets together
Most Improved Lifts: Dreamforger, maximum jelly
Best Log: Dreamforger
Best Contributor: Mrthingyx - replaced Icecold for dat insightful anti-snapping knowledge
Best Physique: FF always looking thick, tight, juicy

Soldato
Gym Rat of the Year: tom_e. His unrelentlessness with posting **** to the FB group has inspired many of our younger lifters to also be infatuated with ****, and that can only be a good thing.
Most Improved Lifts: Reyishin or w/e his name is. Inspiring lifting and makes me feel like a peasant, bit of a dark horse this guy. Finally posts videos to prove he's not a liar liar pants on fire too!
Most Improved Physique: Fire_Skull. Even those I see his swolfies daily, he's managed to put on some noticeable mass whilst keeping himself lean.
Best Log:
Best Contributor: Mr_ThingyX because obvious reasons.
Best Physique: I struggle with this category as it only serves to reinforce some bodies personal favourite. Most people will vote for FF despite not seeing anything from him for months, and partly because everyone holds him in high regard. I personally feel Kai has the best physique but don't strive for it myself. Ryan has one of the best bodybuilder physiques here (whatever his forum name is), but think it's too much mass for my liking.
To cream over one of my mates further I'd have to say Fire_Skull. Not because he's flat out my favourite, but I think he has that good balance of athletic shape (waist:shoulder ratio) whilst still having good shoulders, peak and vascularity. If he ever hops on gear he'll have amazing potential.

Man of Honour
I'm not deserving of anything this year I haven't been that active - sure, I have got stronger and leaner (but heavier!), but I haven't really been supporting the gym rats as much as I have. I just have less time to dedicate on here vs actually being in the gym, and studying more about how to make myself better!

Gym Rat of the Year: Not sure yet.
Most Improved Physique: Tom_e
Most Improved Lifts: Reyuishin
Best Log: Reyuishin
Best Contributor: Mrthingyx
Best Physique: Fireskull

Back
Top Bottom