Gymnastics

Soldato
3rd actually, still well done them :)

Edit - sorry I didn't look at the time this was posted, they were 2nd but Russia got them towards the end.

Edit 2 - I have watched more sports today than I have all year, most of them are quite random. Handball anyone?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Gymnastics are both weird and awesome. I completely forget it exists for 4 years then I spend a week being amazed at how ridiculously difficult/awesome it is, before forgetting about it again.

Not sure who the guys in blue with a few yellow, bits on the tops are, but their best guy on the rings was great. The insane strength/flexibilty/definition to be able to do the rings that well is ridiculous.

Well done on England for doing so well collectively though I managed to miss them performing bar a few highlights. I watched sport pretty much from 10am till 8pm or so. Feel shattered just from watching, not quite more than I've watched all year but more of the particular sports than I've seen for, four years :p

Random though, beach volleyball, not so random. Archery, bit of football, the cycling, badmington, tennis, swimming, boxing, Judo(never really watched it before), tiny bit of the semi finals in fencing... watched the two italian women fighting for a place in the final which would be against another italian. Handball(ridiculously repetitive), basketball(women can't shoot), indoor volleyball(the rules are just weird, no idea what advantage the designated defensive player gives???).

That and I caught a little of a mens footie friendly and the F1 qualifying.

NZB

NZB

Associate
2nd place in their group and overall (so far) for the qualifiers in the womens now. Beth Tweddle on the bars at the very end was fantastic.

NZB

NZB

Associate
Probably not given how good the competition usually are, the qualifiers weren't really a good representation.

Edit - Saying that, GB are looking really good today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom