H100i custom mod for GPU

Soldato
Hi,

so hear me out

I have a spare H100i corair 240mm cooler, is it possible to mod to work with a dedicated GPU waterblock?

it sounds plausible tbh

i have to make use of / repurpose the block as it has the pump in there

i would need a new set of tubing and i could add in a small res in the mix, there should be enough to power / flow rate / to circuilate through the waterblock?

has anyone done this before? It could be a decent cheap (though less visually appealing) GPU cooling setup

https://martinsliquidlab.wordpress.com/2013/03/13/corsair-hydro-series-h100i-aio-cpu-cooler/4/

ddd.jpg

i just cba going through a full custom cooling setup again

Soldato
Hi,

so hear me out

I have a spare H100i corair 240mm cooler, is it possible to mod to work with a dedicated GPU waterblock?

it sounds plausible tbh

i have to make use of / repurpose the block as it has the pump in there

i would need a new set of tubing and i could add in a small res in the mix, there should be enough to power / flow rate / to circuilate through the waterblock?

has anyone done this before? It could be a decent cheap (though less visually appealing) GPU cooling setup

https://martinsliquidlab.wordpress.com/2013/03/13/corsair-hydro-series-h100i-aio-cpu-cooler/4/

ddd.jpg

i just cba going through a full custom cooling setup again
I asked this same question a while ago as I wanted to do this exact same thing. People pointed out to me several problems.

The pump is not powerful enough to cover that much distance and cool with enough flow rate a gpu and a cpu. You would find very poor thermal dissipation.
The block will be copper /nickel coated, the radiator and/or block are aluminium(would need to look into that to confirm)

You will need to buy new tubing and new coolant and a new block and fittings. At that point you are only a res pump combo away from a custom loop

Soldato
good luck find the right parts and tubes to fit them connectors...

i have seen people tear AIO down to refill liquid and do a clean. dont think it's been done to expand the AIO's capabilities

Associate
I asked this same question a while ago as I wanted to do this exact same thing. People pointed out to me several problems.

The pump is not powerful enough to cover that much distance and cool with enough flow rate a gpu and a cpu. You would find very poor thermal dissipation.
The block will be copper /nickel coated, the radiator and/or block are aluminium(would need to look into that to confirm)

You will need to buy new tubing and new coolant and a new block and fittings. At that point you are only a res pump combo away from a custom loop

You might be able to use the radiator with the EK aluminium kits, but it depends on how cleanly you can get the tubes/fittings off the radiator. My understanding is that the fittings on the rad are almost designed to be impossible to remove, but I'm happy to be corrected if someone's actually done it and can show me some pics/videos.

Back
Top Bottom