Hades II

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Got the first on the Nintendo Switch. Had a lot of fun playing it so will defo grab this at some point, buy buying on Steam this time as I will likely grab a Steam Deck 2 when it comes out as I quite liked the Steam Deck, but felt it needed more polish and better higher resolution screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
Get on the hype train. Devs on Monday said the technical test would be winding down and early access would be released shortly afterwards.

Great time to pick up the first game for anyone who hasn't played it - on sale for £7

Associate
Played the first one on Series X and slowly got more and more addicted to it, until I finished it.

I probably enjoyed the fact it punished you by taking you all the way to the start, over and over and over again :cry:

Soldato
I can see it on Steam now. I've only had a tiny taste of the first one but been meaning to get back to it since the x-mas holidays when I first played, I thought they got the whole art/music/voices perfectly and tempted to get the second just to show appreciation although I have a feeling it's going to take me ages before I complete the first.

Man of Honour
Will definitely be picking this up at some point. Really enjoyed the first one. They got the punishment correct in this unlike say something like returnal where you got almost nothing for starting from the beginning.

Agreed, I could get into this immediately. I got nowhere with Returnal.

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I saw it on steam too, but with so many games to play I don't see the point in paying to beta test. I will probably grab it next year. By then it will be beta tested and under £20 :D

Last edited:
Associate
Pretty much an instant buy from me, I'll give it a blast later on. The first game just had everything nailed down to near perfection, the visuals and music, story and voice acting, difficulty and progression, hopefully this can deliver near the same levels as the first.

Associate
Loved the first game, but I'll wait for full release first. Not that I don't have faith, just so it's at least as complete as it can be.

Associate
I went on it last night for an hour....... 6 hours later :cry:

My early impressions are that it is more a Hades 1.5, if you liked the first game then more than likely you will get on well with this too, I'd not played the first game for some time and I was immediately hooked last night. The core loop of the game remains the same, there are a few changes with the way progression is handled but it's hard to see at this stage how much of a difference they will make.

I think if you are happy to wait then do so, the package here is already pretty decent and will no doubt get better before full release. Similarly if you are fresh off of the first game, or still playing, just be aware that this isn't a massive leap over the first and it may be best to take a break before jumping into this one.

A few notes on my time so far:
Your little magic shard thing from the first game is gone, you now get a spell that covers covers and area, preventing or limiting enemy movement. Charging the spell give it a damage effect at the end of the duration.

You now have a mana system, charged attacks, charged specials and charged magic use the mana. You can get some regen from unlocks, from boons that give you mana regen in various forms, or enemies can drop mana to replenish you. It actually feels pretty nice to use once you get used to the change.

It looks like there are more areas than the first, spread between 2 different routes (one of which unlocks later I presume).

There are some new gods/characters with different power ups and a lot of returning faces with familiar power ups. I feel like I've been able to find more of them a lot earlier than the first, with the duo boons also being available right away.

Weapons wise I've unlocked 4/5 so far, all feel and play very differently, whilst also being a bit different from the first game. No aspects yet, but it looks like those are coming along with an additional weapon in a later update.

The mirror that gives you the permanent increases is gone, it is now replaced with a card system. You unlock these with a resource gathered from runs, they each have a power number associated with them 1-6, and your character has an upgradeable power limit of what they can equip (I think the base was 15, I'm currently at 22).

It's more of a resource hunt than the first game, but doesn't actually feel bad at all so far. You now unlock a few different types of gather tools (gathering seeds, fishing, mining ore), but can only have one equipped at any give time. These all go towards unlocking weapons or new things in the shop. I still feel like I've unlocked way more than I did in the early hours than the first game.

Back
Top Bottom