Hailea Ultra Water Chiller & Rad mod

Associate
I have problems with keeping heat out of my case as my PC is under the stairs. So there is very little air low I already have two desk fans on the floor at the back to draw cool ish air in from the house at ground level.

But my video card gets hot around 80c it will run upto 95c so I am ok with not damaging it but the case is right next to me & thats a lot of hot air getting blown out of it.
My CPU is over clocked to 4Ghz & sometimes if it gets to hot in my little room it will crash once aweek this may happen.

Water cooling of CPU or GPU is out of the question as me & water do not mix & am always getting water leaks in the house it's just me so no water on the components . Also I have little room to get at the PC.

There is also no room for a Air con unit as this would be the best fix.

So this is my plain but would it work?

This is my case Silverstone Fortress 2 FT02B-W Windowed Gaming Case http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-067-SV&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=1092
It's the one with the 90° degree motherboard mounting so the GPU hot air gets blown out of the top of the case. The case has three massive 180mm fans at the base blowing air into the case (in my case warm air)

So what if I fixed a 360 Radiator at the bottom on top of the three fans, it will fit.
Then have a Hailea Ultra Titan 500 Water Chiller
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-003-HL&groupid=962&catid=2140&subcat=
Pumping cool water in to the Radiator & that cool air is then blown into the case?

I know I said no to water cooling but this is at the base of the case away from doing any water damage. whats the worse that could happen :) other then the Rad getting a leak & the fans spitting water all over my M/B :eek:

Would it work?
Is there a better option?
Thanks

Soldato
What about getting a small a/c unit?

*edit* I just saw your post saying there isnt any room for a ac unit, but from the specs of the chiller it doesnt look that small either not sure what size ac units start from

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally I would have thought a small aircon unit would be cheaper as you will be buying the chiller, the rad, tubing, fittings some decent water/coolant for chiller to rad and back. A small aircon unit would also prob take up less real estate that a chiller and rad.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
you have a chiller or a rad, not both.

the water in the rad will be warmed up by the air as the chiller cools the water to sub ambient

a rad works against the chiller making it work harder

Associate
OP
What about getting a small a/c unit?

I can't find a small one & a real one at that not one that you add ice or a cool block to.
Also they need a tube that goes outside.

But if you can find me one I would be grateful.

you have a chiller or a rad, not both.

the water in the rad will be warmed up by the air as the chiller cools the water to sub ambient

a rad works against the chiller making it work harder

Shame, thinking about it the amount of warm air it would have to cool it would prob just drop the temp down by 1C anyway :(

It's like a warm summers day in here everyday of the year.

Did I say that there's not much room :p

DSC02252.JPG

DSC02253.JPG

DSC02254.JPG

DSC02255.JPG

DSC02256.JPG

DSC02257.JPG

DSC02258.JPG

Associate
Off topic I know, but doesn't mounting the clubsport pedals that way mean they are backwards? In other words, isn't the accelerator on the left and the clutch on the right?

Associate
OP
Just put the Hailea in feeding the cpu and gpu block and it will be job done
Super chilly. Just be careful with the dew point. Don't want any condensation

Can't do it :(
It will go horribly wrong with my history with water & leaks.
Need to find away off cooling the air going into the case.

Associate
OP
That would be the cheapest option, but it's a 40cm solid stone wall with no cavity.
I also would have to get the missus to agree to it.

Could risk water cooling as if I was going to do it now would be the time.
As my video card I am using now has a RMA I just need to send it off, it's only a few weeks old I could see if I could swap it for the watercooled version & pay the extra.

It's just the GPU that's making all the heat. But then my case is not really designed for water cooling & I have no room for a larger tower.

With the Hailea water chiller do you need a pump or does it already have a built in one?

Associate
I really like your idea of using a rad to cool the air going into the case rather than the components directly. You'd want a really dense radiator to maximise cooling time though.

Back
Top Bottom