Half a chorizo left, recipe suggestions?

Man of Honour
For breakfast tomorrow fry up some chunks until the fat renders, then add some onions and peppers...finally a bit of tomato. Fry some eggs, serve on top. On the side have some toasted soda bread with lashings of butter.

Soldato
What exactly is toasted soda bread?

Chorizo is also very nice with any tomato-based pasta, they also normally have a fairly long shelf life, so if you've only just purchased and used up half, you'll have plenty of time to use the other half.

Associate
I normally cook some onions chorizo and chicken fry them off till near done and throw in a tin of coconut milk and a tub of small whole mushrooms it turns it into a amazing rich dish that is very addictive it was one of my throw together times but make it time and time again.

Soldato
I like to cook cod with lemon and chorizo in foil parcels.

Serve with mash, brown buttered shrimps and samphire, you get a lovely juice out the foil packs too.

Associate
Patatas Bravas if you have the rest of the ingredients...

Preheat oven to 200c. Put an oven tray with oil in there to heat up. Then cut potatoes into small cubes (I don't even bother peeling, just a quick wash). Once oven is heated throw the potatoes into the oil. They'll take 45ish mins to cook golden brown.

While that's happening fry chorizo for a few mins (you probably aren't gonna need oil since it's so fatty), throw in half an onion and a chili if you have it, add cumin & paprika then sugar and salt. Then add a can of chopped/plum tomatoes. Simmer until the potatoes are ready. Maybe add some vinegar at the end if it needs it.

You could make allioli too if you want a bit more flavour - only needs garlic, eggs and oil blended together.

Associate
Dice and pre-cook some potatoes, cube and pre-cook chicken fillets, cut a red pepper in short red straws, make wedges out of a white onion and slice the chorizo, if it's spicy, even better. Put everything into oven-proof dish and sprinkle paprika (smoked better), chilli, black pepper, cayenne, marjoram, oregano (or just any spices you like), very lightly sprinkle with olive oil. Shove it in at 180'C until ready, usually about 30 min.

© My better half.

Associate

Preheat oven to 200c. Put an oven tray with oil in there to heat up. Then cut potatoes into small cubes (I don't even bother peeling, just a quick wash). Once oven is heated throw the potatoes into the oil. They'll take 45ish mins to cook golden brown.

While that's happening fry chorizo for a few mins (you probably aren't gonna need oil since it's so fatty), throw in half an onion and a chili if you have it, add cumin & paprika then sugar and salt. Then add a can of chopped/plum tomatoes. Simmer until the potatoes are ready. Maybe add some vinegar at the end if it needs it.

You could make allioli too if you want a bit more flavour - only needs garlic, eggs and oil blended together.

This but rather than putting the potatoes in the oven I deep fry them as it's much quicker. Grated medium cheddar thrown in with the tomatoes when it's nearly done works well too.

Associate
OP

This looks good, going to give it a go :)

Back
Top Bottom