Half price meals

Soldato
Anyone taken advantage of this eat out to help out scheme yet? Saw a couple on bbc news sitting in Wetherspoons both with a nice looking burger and chips. He said "not bad for less than a fiver". They're saying 50% off, but it's really 50% off up to £10.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/12108268/eat-out-to-help-out-posters-restaurants-half-price/

You can put your postcode in to this government website to see who's participating in your area.

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/eat-...38.515229843.1596276708-1781965119.1596276708

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried a Thai restaurant tonight we've always wanted to go to in an evening but felt the price was a bit out of range for casual dining, usually have the lunch specials. The usual Indian will be getting a visit and I'm even willing to risk some of the local pubs who do food to see what they are like.

Soldato
We did about £6,000 today, which is about an an average Saturday normally. But with Wednesday staffing.

I ended up having a 6" Subway for dinner as I literally didn't have time for staff food. TBH for £1.49 it's a bargain, also didn't eat in though :p

Soldato
Based on how quiet my local Indian was when I picked up a takeaway earlier....it seems like all Rishi's deal has done is spend a huge wedge of taxpayer money on moving the busy days from the weekend to Mon->Wednesday :(

Soldato
Based on how quiet my local Indian was when I picked up a takeaway earlier....it seems like all Rishi's deal has done is spend a huge wedge of taxpayer money on moving the busy days from the weekend to Mon->Wednesday :(

Takeaways aren't included. Unless it's a sit down restaurant as well, in which case my mistake :)

I think we had a record day today, for any day. All it's done is make it so Mon-Weds are just as busy as Friday/Saturday and only Thursday is quiet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Takeaways aren't included. Unless it's a sit down restaurant as well, in which case my mistake :)

I think we had a record day today, for any day. All it's done is make it so Mon-Weds are just as busy as Friday/Saturday and only Thursday is quiet.

It's sit down as well, but even the takeaway was unusually quiet. Could be the heat though!

Soldato
OP
I took a friend to a cafe yesterday in Potters Bar that was on the reduced price scheme and bought us breakfast. Beautiful sunny day, we sat at a table outside watching the world go by. I had a full english breakfast, Latte coffee, he had beans on toast and a coffee. Cost £5.96 for the lot! :D

Soldato
There's a bigger thread on this topic in the coronavirus subforum.

Out to a local pub tonight, expecting it to be absolutely hammered - especially as the weather is nice!

Back
Top Bottom