Hallelujah | F1 2022

Associate
RACE DAY, REDEFINED

New race options in F1® 22 will give you more control over your virtual F1® race day, with the opportunity to choose between immersive and broadcast style Formation Laps, Safety Car periods, and Pit Stops.

F1® 22 also includes VR compatibility on PC via Oculus Rift and HTC Vive to give you the ultimate immersive F1® experience.

Enter the New Era in F1® 22 - EA SPORTS Official Site

Finally! Can't wait :D

Associate
OP
More info thanks to an interview with one of the production team, starts at 4:25

More headsets being added to the support list as QA test them. Only mentions Steam VR so not clear if they have also integrated the Oculus runtime, which typically gives better performance on those headsets.

Associate
OP
If you haven't seen it already and you are able to plug your pedals into your wheel base and disconnect all other peripherals from your PC. Seen several reports, especially with those running Fanatec gear, that this can dramatically improve performance.

Edit: More good info here, seems turning ambient occlusion off may help too.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just seen this fix to get the game working for CV1 owners:

Associate
OP
For anyone who hasn't seen this is free to play this weekend. Just as well as if I'd purchased to try it out I wouldn't have got very far within the Steam 2hr refund window!

It took an inordinate amount of time to first sign in, been a while since I've used my EA account and trying to do this in Steam VR mode where I couldn't use my physical keyboard was a mistake. Then secondly, get my controls setup. Honestly why Codemasters always make this so difficult I've no idea and they are still not where I'd want them. For some reason wanting to remap the confirm and back menu buttons on my wheel is considered an original sin and outlawed :mad: The default buttons they have mapped (2 + 3) requires moving my right hand away from its natural 3 o'clock position to confirm anything. Why an earth didn't they map too two buttons within easy reach :rolleyes:

Putting the aggravation of getting up and running to one side, including all the friction on navigating menus and getting spammed with prompts for DLC or interruptions while you 'level up', the actual VR experience is OK. I'm running the VR High pre-set, TAA only anti-aliasing and 150% super sampling. The overall visual clarity is similar to ACC, unfortunately not as good as AMS2, and I have no trouble reading all the info on the in car steering wheel display. I've just been hot lapping so far but have run the benchmark mode at Singapore in the wet and was locked to 90 FPS. The head tracking seems OK, none of the problems I've seen lots of other people complain about, maybe it has an ever so slight delay. The force feedback is unremarkable but once dialled in sufficiently good enough to let me know what is going on. Audio, no complaints.

Will have to try out some races and take a look at the career mode to see if I want to purchase, currently on sale at £25.

Back
Top Bottom