**** Halloween.

Soldato
I don't partake in Halloween. Just an irritating time of year when the shops are selling seasonal tat and kids are roaming the streets begging for sweets. Easily ignored usually, I don't put any decorations up and I just turn off the lights in the front rooms to make it obvious I'm not bothering with it.

This morning however, I came outside to find this on the side of my car and the remains of a pumpkin scattered on the road nearby.

9Efft2q.jpg.png

4eB2STJ.jpg.png

VPtBSR9.jpg.png

Very large dent, and right on the swage line. But the worst bit, the dent is so deep it's caused the paint to crack. Which means rather than a couple of hundred quid to just get the dent pulled out, I'll now need the panel resprayed - which, I've learned before, is significantly expensive with the paintwork on this car.

No point to this thread other than to rant. **** Halloween. And **** the ***** who did this.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I really think youngsters don't understand the cost of damage to cars and so don't think much of it.

I bet if you explained to them it's equivalent to taking someones 55" TV and XBOX and throwing it out the a 3rd storey bedroom window, they would perhaps understand the cost.

Feel your pain.

Soldato
To quote my own rant to someone yesterday:

Shops filled with crap and the Internet, work and pubs are filled with *****, slags and "look at me, isn't it fun to dress up!". **** off!

@Conscript I assume you'll have a get a police incidence number and go to your insurance for a shafting? Or are you going to get it fixed outside of insurance?
Either way, report to the Police even if it's just to ensure it's a part of the statistics.

Last edited:

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Damn, that's unlucky :(

It really is easy to hate humanity, unless by some miracle it was an accident and they didn't realise they had caused damage!

Soldato
OP
Not sure how it would be accidental. That side of the car is in the road, and across the road is just a small green, with no footpath, so someone would have deliberately been on that side of the car to do it. I'm guessing it's older kids anyway, we saw a few groups of young kids with parents wandering around on our way home, but generally our road is pretty quiet.

Absolutely fuming right now. One of those moments you wish you could have caught them doing it.

Caporegime
**** me that's awful, the throwing was very obviously intended, but it could well have been that your car wasn't the target. Regardless, it's completely unacceptable, hope you get it sorted!

Soldato
OP
To quote my own rant to someone yesterday:

Shops filled with crap and the Internet, work and pubs are filled with *****, slags and "look at me, isn't it fun to dress up!". **** off!

@Conscript I assume you'll have a get a police incidence number and go to your insurance for a shafting? Or are you going to get it fixed outside of insurance?
Either way, report to the Police even if it's just to ensure it's a part of the statistics.

My girlfriend was saying I should go through insurance, but to be honest, I'd rather avoid it. I already have a claim from when she shunted someone last year, I'd rather not risk pushing my insurance costs up again.
I guess I could report it to the police, but let's be honest, what's the point if I don't go through insurance? Nothing will come of it, except raised insurance premiums by way in slightly increased vandalism statistics in my area.

I'll probably just go and get a quote from the place that did a repair a few years ago when someone hit me, on that same rear wing incidentally. Much worse damage then, and they pulled it all back into shape, never nay sign that it had been damaged. If I'm going to pay through the nose, at least I know they'll do a good job.

Soldato
Sorry to see that, hope it gets fixed with the minimum of cost and disruption!

Pearl white is such a good colour but sure the price to fix is a pain.

It’ll get sorted, so don’t let it get you down for too long.

Soldato
People just have no respect for other people's stuff.

Found mine had a scratch and dent along the back door and rear arch. Dented the arch but managed to pull it out enough and polish the scratch, bit of touch up paint and unless your looking for it is almost gone.

Bugs me because I know it's there but for what it is it's just not worth getting fixed.

Soldato
I guess I could report it to the police, but let's be honest, what's the point if I don't go through insurance? Nothing will come of it, except raised insurance premiums by way in slightly increased vandalism statistics in my area.

There could be others that have had their property vandalised and potentially caught on camera or known to them. I'd rather report for stats and have the potential to be able to hold somebody accountable. It also makes it harder to police without valid stats, but you're right, could maybe increase premium in the area.

Soldato
OP
Unlucky :( surprised a pumpkin managed to do that much damage.

Same, to be honest. I have no idea how heavy the average pumpkin is, but I assumed they were pretty dense, hence being able to carve them into intricate shapes without them collapsing.
I'll accept that it could have been done by something else, but it's about the size of a pumpkin, it happened on Halloween night, and there's the remains of a pumpkin nearby.

Soldato
OP
There could be others that have had their property vandalised and potentially caught on camera or known to them. I'd rather report for stats and have the potential to be able to hold somebody accountable. It also makes it harder to Police without valid stats, but you're right, could maybe increase premium in the area.

Thanks. I have made a post on the local "neighbours" facebook page, just in case there's any other reports of vandalism in the area.

Back
Top Bottom