Halo MCC - Halo 4 - 17th November

Soldato
This is what I've been waiting for for years. Amazing to be able to play this on pc. Had a great evening of games.

Just a few notes, you're all right it hangs for a bit on the start loading menu first time on Windows store edition. If you wait a minute it will stop hanging and you will be able to proceed without crashing.

I also tried to launch from Xbox app. That app is generally useless. Wouldn't launch. But launching directly from start menu for the windows app did the trick.

For graphics there's two options. Just change it from not entirely sure what default is called to enhanced.

You can uncap the frame rate on the frame rate limit setting which is 60 by default. I've not used afterburner on it yet so no idea whether it actually uncaps though.

Allowing us to play with fov is quite nice. I imagine it's good for ultrawide. Only played on my 16:9 laptop so far.

Associate
I tried playing Reach on the Xbox 360 a few months back (first time since the year it released), and I couldnt aim with a controller anymore. I got a message on Xbox live from a teammate calling me trash.

It was nice playing Reach last night with a mouse and keyboard. SWAT feels so much nicer, popping those heads.

Associate
Playing it last night, loving it.

Only bug bear that is getting me killed in single player and in multiplayer is that I'll be playing and all of a sudden I just get stuck. I can look around but I can't move, jump or anything.

Then about 10 or 20 seconds later i can move again.

It's like my feet clip outside the level and I can't move.

Usually when I'm in the middle of a firefight, so I end up dying.

Other than that got some major nostalgia playing through it again. :D

I hope they patch it soon to resolve some of these issues.

Associate
im havng fun on the mulitplayer and the game looks fine at 1440p, I expected it to look pretty much how it is, its a sharper version of the original it was never a remake, that said two things thats are peeing me off, the game feels like it has input lag, maybe its the servers? and the sound is AWFUL

Yeah it sounds like your inside a bucket listening to the game being played on the other side of the street , i also noticed that it pegs two of my cores at 100% utilisation which probably explains the laggy feeling and why it feels like its stuttering at over 120 fps (1440p Titan XP)

Soldato
I haven't seen mention of it at all actually. I imagine they will come in one lump release. I assume we got reach first as they were adding it to the xbox too for the first time on this collection

From a quick google it doesn't look like it. It looks like they want to release them in chronological order. Pretty much all the other games have a release date of TBA though.

Caporegime
OP
For me, Call of Duty 2 set the bar for control layout on gamepad. (Yes, I'm not using a mouse and keyboard - never do!) Now going back to play Halo without LT being zoom and X to run. What a shambles!

Soldato
For me, Call of Duty 2 set the bar for control layout on gamepad. (Yes, I'm not using a mouse and keyboard - never do!) Now going back to play Halo without LT being zoom and X to run. What a shambles!

True, but I think halo set us on the right path. It was then improved upon in ways like you mention here.

Associate
reading the pcgamer post and saw this "It runs smoothly on fairly modest hardware, as a port of a 2010 game should. On my i7-6700K and GTX 980, running Reach at 1440p, my framerate mostly hovered between 180 and 220 fps when unlocked." I have a [email protected] and 2070super and I havent seen the fps go above 120 wtf, vsync off gsync on (locked to 141 fps) same res as them too

Soldato
I wonder when they'll announce Halo 5 for PC? Got to be on the way now, surely? Would be bizarre to leave a single installment out.

Back
Top Bottom