Halo MCC - Halo 4 - 17th November

Soldato
Confused by the pricing on this one.

Was all set to get the collection at the bargain price of 29.99 but thinking as I play so little may as well get Reach and then others if / when I complete them.

Gone to get Reach now which is 6.99 but all the others are now 29.99.

Confused!

Associate
Confused by the pricing on this one.

Was all set to get the collection at the bargain price of 29.99 but thinking as I play so little may as well get Reach and then others if / when I complete them.

Gone to get Reach now which is 6.99 but all the others are now 29.99.

Confused!

Separate prices for the others have not yet been released on the steam store - but I read that they will all be the same price, except for ODST which will be cheaper (so will work out cheaper to buy the package)

Last edited:
Associate
I'm confused by the planned release date. Is December 3rd just for Halo: Reach, or the whole collection?

Edit: Nevermind, the rest of the games are slated for 2020. It's a shame, because I'm only interested in the original!

Soldato
Separate prices for the others have not yet been released on the steam store - but I read that they will all be the same price, except for ODST which will be cheaper (so will work out cheaper to buy the package)

Weird as a moment ago all the other games bar Reach was showing 29.99. Now show as N/A.

Cheers. I think I will just get Reach and see how I go :)

Soldato
Just get on Xbox Game Pass only a few £££ a month for all games as well as all other MS PC games current & future day & date release with other digital versions £29.99 is over a years worth of subs to Game Pass!! along with other recent games like Metro Exodus & The Outer Worlds.

All Halo's use Xbox Live for all versions anyway Steam is just a storefront for it ;)

Caporegime
Gotta say - As somebody who remembers the original Apple trailer for Halo, and then bought an Xbox from America before they were released here and has played every Halo game including Halo 3:ODST....I always thought that the single player campaigns were a bit....meh.

Graphics, physics, audio and AI was always good - But the story and level design never really did it for me.

Halo in particular has lots of samey looking grey corridors and rooms, and don't even get me started on The Flood.

I'm sure it's great fun in co-op/multiplayer but I'm more of a solitary single player campaign guy.

Soldato
Weird, i pre-loaded something on the xbox app for pc. It says "play" but then it doesn't load, have i just preloaded a launcher for it or something? guess i'll find out tomorrow.

Soldato
I think I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse already, I realise thesegames are old now, really old but I only ever played one in the 360, not even sure which one and hated the pad so I saw this as an opportunity to play them all through properly with mouse and KB and bought it but compared to modern games the cash might be better spent else where

Soldato
Weird, i pre-loaded something on the xbox app for pc. It says "play" but then it doesn't load, have i just preloaded a launcher for it or something? guess i'll find out tomorrow.

It pre-loaded a 10mb file for me a few days ago...before giving the "Play" button. I know older games are smaller, but 10mb seems a bit on the low side.

Associate
The original came out on PC back in 2003, you could have played it 16 years ago :p

HALO 2 has the best remake in the MCC; interested to see what Reach looks like though as that's my favourite campaign and MP!

I did, and it's still the best in the series imo. I just want to play it on PC with better visuals.

Back
Top Bottom