Halo (TV Series)

Soldato
I still think it poor at every level.

I'll have to muscle my way past the gag reflex to watch it. (Ratatouille).

Apologies if someone else is enjoying it. I'm happy it has an audience that gets something out of.

Soldato
Why wouldn’t they? Team not there, brass are bailing so course they’d take what I assume is a major asset rather than it being lost / stolen by covenant?
More reason to not actually see Cheif in his suit. Can't have that can we. No we can assume he doesn't have it till about the last spisode.
Thinking about it more they killed Spartens before and on Reach you saw the previous episode. So any armour would ha been examined by now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Great episode and more like what we all want to see.

The ending shot, looking through the rubble I was expecting to see the glassing start.
More reason to not actually see Chief in his suit. Can't have that can we. No we can assume he doesn't have it till about the last episode.
if you want to see me in a suit I have some photos if you like? ;)

Soldato
Great episode and more like what we all want to see.

The ending shot, looking through the rubble I was expecting to see the glassing start.

if you want to see me in a suit I have some photos if you like? ;)
Do you have an entire lifetime lore spread across all forms of media spread over decades of world building where you entire character is about wearing a particular suit. Cause only then it would make sense, and would be in fact strange to not see you in that particular suit.

Caporegime
Do you have an entire lifetime lore spread across all forms of media spread over decades of world building where you entire character is about wearing a particular suit. Cause only then it would make sense, and would be in fact strange to not see you in that particular suit.
It's true yes, but these days it's all about being a hero with or without a suit. If you're nothing without that suit you don't deserve to have it.

Associate
It’s a different medium of story telling though. Games are 99% action as you’re directly involved with quick cut scenes to link.

If the tv show was that it would get boring, quickly - it needs the extra stuff to expand it and build relationships / emotions etc which wouldn’t happen all “in suit”. Like going for dinner, meeting lady in shop, etc etc - “real world” small events that world build outside pew pew lasers.

Caporegime
Games, where you’re the one doing and seeing all the action, being the very centre of the story, rarely translate completely to series and movies without them becoming about someone else, rather than about ‘you’.

Soldato
It’s a different medium of story telling though. Games are 99% action as you’re directly involved with quick cut scenes to link.

If the tv show was that it would get boring, quickly - it needs the extra stuff to expand it and build relationships / emotions etc which wouldn’t happen all “in suit”. Like going for dinner, meeting lady in shop, etc etc - “real world” small events that world build outside pew pew lasers.
That's fine, one of the highlights when watching Chief fight and being very capable without the suit, but without it they are as vulnerable as everyone else. So far none of the other storylines have lead to anything. Most of the Scene with Halsey and Saron underground could have been cut and nothing would be lost apart form the moment they see Cortana was taken. Their TONS of other stories in the lore they could be working with etc, but they just made up stuff. They are already given a hell of a lot of leeway by having Chief on Reach at all.
Also why where the marines shocked to see John is the Chief, he walks about with 117 on his vest lol. Also NO other Spartans on reach as well?...what's that about? Reach is the place where Spartens came to be.
Also, a big part is they story seems to lurch from moment to moment scenes. Their been nothing over arching so far with any build up about something like The Halo existing, More coudl be put into the idea of something much bigger than what's going on to hover over the serial plot beats would add to it.
Also a scale shot would have done well to show it was the WHOLE planet being attacked, not one part of a City then a few hallways.
Wonder if they will even show the scale of the battle in space either.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thats fine, one of the highlights when watching Chief fight and being very capable without the suit, but without it they are as vulnerable as everyone else. So far none of the other storylines have lead to anything. Most of the Scene with Halsey and Saron underground could have been cut and nothing would be lost apart form the moment they see Cortana was taken. Their TONS of other stories in the lore they could be working with etc, but they just made up stuff. They are already given a hell of a lot of leeway by having Chief on Reach at all.
Also why where the marines shocked to see John is the Chief, he walks about with 117 on his vest lol. Also NO other Spartans on reach as well?...what's that about?
Also, a big part is they story seems to lurch from moment to moment scenes. Their been nothing over arching so far with any build up about something like The Halo existing, More coudl be put into the idea of something much bigger than what's going on to hover over the serial plot beats would add to it.
I think the ONI realised Reach was a lost cause and evacuated the Spartans and the suits. Cobalt team were dead, Silver team got stood down, looking at the board there were maybe three other teams, they may have been off world anyway. It certainly seems like there are maybe 20-30 surviving Spartans out of maybe 50, although it’s likely many more died previously, both in the events of season one and in the events and attack on Reach in Season 2.

Caporegime
Oh look, the weekly 'cub3d doesn't understand what different timeline means'

Was a pretty good episode, I assume ONI evacuated the rest of the Spartans as high value assets. I thought Soren's scenes with Halsey were great, showing more of the complicated relationship the Spartans have with her.

Last edited:
Soldato

Was a pretty good episode, I assume ONI evacuated the rest of the Spartans as high value assets. I thought Soren's scenes with Halsey were great, showing more of the complicated relationship the Spartans have with her.
How does that make up for any bad writing, a lot of it makes no sense at all. If he had said anything to any other Spartans they immediately would have told Chief etc, again, in this time lins things dont add up at all.
Its extremely poor writing if you are making stuff up to "fill in the gaping blanks".
Vannicks death would have been better if he was the one to save Chief not have the total pointless character of Makee say " nah, leave him alone".
Keys was prob captured, as again I don't know how they can move forward certain plots without him, done via the old cheap " off screen dont see him die" trope.
Also if Ackerson was "wise" enough to take the armour but leaves Cortana behind, teh "Cole" protocol was established in this timeline in season 1, so again they just forget their own writing/ story. Also , he hates all people from the Spartan programme, not jsut Chief etc, well he hates them the most, but he sees it as cleaning up ONIs past mess to get rid of all them, so he wouldn't be taking any of them with him.

Last edited:
Caporegime

He looked rather crestfallen when she told him he was more or less allowed to escape. What chance we see Soren back in a suit at the end of the series?

Soldato
Not played any of the games, but I expect Cortana to attack the Covenant from thr inside
I think they would know that. I'm thinking Makee is needing to hope Chief goes to get her as he can activate the artefact etc, so she needs him. Still not sold that what we are shown is actual Cortana.
Also when Cortana is answering Ackerson, not sure if she was telling him the Reach falling is inevitable, as he already knew that, or was she telling him John surviving is the only outcome.

Back
Top Bottom