handstraps

Associate
hi all, just after a bit of advice regarding camera handstraps. I currently use the standard camera strap but find it gets in the way and flaps around. I tend to keep my camera mainly in my hand even when the strap is around my neck. Also when using a tripod any wind or breeze blows the strap around so i find i have to hold the strap to prevent loss of sharpness being careful not to knock the tripod. Can anyone who has used a handstrap let me know if they are good to use and maybe recommend etc

Associate
OP
thanks for the info everyone. The Matin handstrap arrived today so i fitted it and got some snaps to show how it looks. Ive left the neck strap on for now untill ive had chance to try it out. It feels secure and i can adjust the main controls whilst holding the camera in one hand keeping the other free. It has a plate that screws into the tripod mount on the camera with an alternative mount hole in the plate.I can still access the battery with it fitted so all good so far.

7074595479_edffcf4a77_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

7074596991_6b8c4d8dcf_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

7074598573_54e77da8fa_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

7074600289_f6b707cec1_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Associate
OP
quick update, i used the camera today and found the handstrap secure and comfortable. I put the neck strap on as a back up but took it off once i found i was happy . Regarding mounting the neck strap to the side the camera does hang straight down but it is easy to get hold of that way plus the neck strap stays clear of the camera when shooting.

Back
Top Bottom