Happy Happy Joy, Dented Car.

Soldato
Was woken this morning by the woman accross the street who reversed her Galaxy into my car getting off her drive :confused: she said she had hit it with the tow bar and there wasnt much damage.. I was too tired to care at the time so said thanks and went back to bed.

Normally my car would be on the drive, but we have just had it all bricked and it needs to set for a week or so, my car was going on it in 2 days :mad:

Just got up so went out for a look and this is what i find.

First Image

And from the other side.

Im not sure if the wing is bent in #1 or if its just the bumper being pushed down. Right PITA now getting this sorted, ill take it round a few bodyshops this afternoon and see what they say. Ideally i would just like the woman to give me the cash to get it fixed rather than do it through insurance as its a lot less hassle and quicker, just hoping that under my car isnt coolant (dont think it is) and its just non evaporated water from all the rain last night.

Permabanned
Wing is dented. Goto local scrappy. Find a wing in the same colour. Swap wings over (10min job) and bobs your uncle! No point going to bodyshop as if they paint a new wing they will have to paint the bonnet and the other wing! Not worth it on such an old car tbh mate.

That aint coolant either. So dont worry :)

Soldato
OP
Bumper just come off the mounts i guess?

I wont be forking out to fix it, nice of her to admit to it, but ive a feeling the builders and the bloke doing the fireplace next door saw anyway so she was snookered, but im not ruddy paying!

Soldato
Berger said:
Was woken this morning by the woman accross the street who reversed her Galaxy into my car getting off her drive :confused: she said she had hit it with the tow bar and there wasnt much damage.
Ouch sorry to hear that. Not much damage in the eyes of the person who done it always seems to be quite a hefty (expensive) bump in the cold light of day. Hope she isn't a pain about getting it fixed.

Soldato
OP
Rover quoted me £52.66+VAT for a wing which would then need spraying, and im guessing a new bracket to hold the bumper on too.

Scrappers only had a blue wing. :(

Soldato
Bring it to me. :) I'll whip the wing off and straighten it up for you.

Oh, I just noticed you have colour coded mud flaps. :mad:

Soldato
agw_01 said:

No offence Andy but I dont think you are a body work pro with all those holes in your car :p :p

Soldato
OP
agw_01 said:

They are hanging off though :o Just that and a bracket for the bumper i think.

Get on msn :p

Permabanned
just wait for one to pop up. Im sure there is more than one scrap yard near you! Number slots into a part on the wing, cause the wing is bent its popped out thats all! :) Simple fix! :)

Back
Top Bottom