Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Question for white Brits: Do you say Happy Holidays to non-white people during this tine?

Question for non-white Brits: Has it ever bothered you when someone wishes you a Merry Christmas?

Now this isn't a thread based off some angry news article or what not, it's based on me being wished "happy holidays" many more times than previous over this Christmas period.

I appreciate the understanding and effort, but it's really not necessary :)

Maybe this is more of a PSA than a thread.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
What has skin colour got to do with anything?
Because skin colour is the most prominent way to tell a person may not be of christian ancestory and therefore would be the defining factor in whether you alter your speech.

Do you have a problem with my post?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
I'm sorry? Please explain.

Edit: no one want to explain?

Edit2: No one able to explain then :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought Happy Holidays was a USA thing...I've never heard it or said it

I don't tend to say Merry Christmas to many people either mind you - like prob only on Xmas day at dinner :p

Soldato
I work with colleagues of all religions - past and present. They all have Christmas decorations, eat Christmas dinner - or very similar.

Never found anyone non-Christian that they find Christmas and its imagery offensive. Hate it when organisations are not doing Christmasy stuff as "may offend non Christians".

Happy Holidays is awfully American. I just say have a good one or enjoy your time off.

Soldato
I tend to say "have a great Christmas" or "have a great break". But that's because I hate Christmas TBH, so I'm just focusing on the fact people get some time off either way.

Man of Honour
I say Happy Christmas or Merry Christmas. I appreciate their culture may be different to mine but I am celebrating Christmas and therefore that is how I address it. I have no objection if they wish me a happy holiday though.

Permabanned
Because skin colour is the most prominent way to tell a person may not be of christian ancestory and therefore would be the defining factor in whether you alter your speech.

Do you have a problem with my post?

There are many races that are Christian, and the fact that Christianity is the worlds largest religion with around 2.4 BILLION followers.

untitled.jpg

religious-map.jpg

D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom