Hard Drive question..

Soldato
If you have a spare IDE connector on your mobo then yes you can.

I would however advise against using the hdd as a slave to an optical drive - esp writer as I believe there to be problems not only in hdd's working slower than optimally when used like this, but also writing to optical media not being 100% - maybe some one else can confirm or deny this.

Associate
You could use it as a second drive, but I would be more inclined to buy an external enclosure for it and use it via a USB of firewire port, will give you a nice amount of external storage for backup.

Hope this helps

Soldato
why is your writer on as a slave?

If its working optimally then fine - but just be aware of potential problems if you add your ide hdd as master.

Richiev4's suggestion is also a good one - though a little more hassle, but might be worth while

Permabanned
FrankJH said:
why is your writer on as a slave?

If its working optimally then fine - but just be aware of potential problems if you add your ide hdd as master.

Master, Slave, / Slave, Master

Makes no difference, either combination will work np. Also adding a Hd on the same IDE channel will cause no problems.

Soldato
xtreme.BIN said:
Also adding a Hd on the same IDE channel will cause no problems.

I dont doubt it will work - however I wouldnt advise using it if you dont have to, hard discs have been known to slow down with an optical drive on the same channel

Back
Top Bottom