• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Hardest cards to get a hold of

Soldato
It would make sense to EOL the 3080 because it's arguably priced too low, they will make way more profit off the 3080ti. Although it would be a bit unusual, having a card that in theory wasn't too extreme going EOL before it's even got into the hands of most people that want to buy it.

+1

For the next gen series, the '4080' (or whatever they call the 3080's repalcement) will be £1k IMO. Will be much less angry people then overall.

Associate
The 3080 seems the toughest to get considering it has the highest % delta between MSRP and scalp/resale price (there is NO GPU worth that much).

I was able to get two of the actual MSRP cards at launch (Eagle OC, Zotac). Still kicking myself for cancelling my third order, and second guessing whether I should have let the second one go to a friend for what I paid.

Associate
Yeah that's realistically what I'd prefer to get as it saves me upgrading for hopefully a couple of years like both my 960 and 1080 did, I can't even replace my 1080 right now it's such a pain, integrated graphics life for now :(

Caporegime
So you think the 3080 is being phased out already?
Even if they don’t officially EOL it, why on earth wouldn’t they use any chips available for the 3080ti and make twice as much profit? I predict there will be very few 3080’s available by the end of next month as those already produced sell through. Then there’ll be basically none.

Associate
Yeah that's realistically what I'd prefer to get as it saves me upgrading for hopefully a couple of years like both my 960 and 1080 did, I can't even replace my 1080 right now it's such a pain, integrated graphics life for now :(

I'm honestly considering selling my remaining 3080, moving back to a spare 290x or 780 ti, and playing newer games from my RTX2080 laptop for the interim. Sell high, buy low ("low" being relative and not assured), as it were.

Back
Top Bottom