Hardest qualification that you have taken?

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
AS Computing is the highest level, but I'd say something like GCSE Spanish/French I found the most challenging.

Associate
[TW]Fox;12416891 said:
It's the easiest thing in the world, if you keep failing then its not something you are going to be any good at, save money and get the bus :p
I'd love to, but in a rural area like this its 3miles walk just to the nearest bus. I'm not a bad driver, but can't handle the stress, i'll get there eventually (as my last examiner said).

Soldato
GCSE Music.

I had only had practical lessons; no theory.

The teachers taught us nothing - focussing on coursework, until the last day of term where they gave us a revision guide to learn.

I had no real musical ear either, so questions like "Listen to the song and finish off the last 10 notes of the melody" were just impossible for me. The lack of theory compounded this.

I got full marks in coursework composition and nearly full in playing, then needed half marks or so in the exam to get an A* and I didn't :p The exam was impossible!

I imagine my MEng 4year Mechanical Engineering Degree may be a shade harder overall though :p

Man of Honour
I always thought it was the ACS (Area Control Surveillance) rating on my ATC licence but now without a doubt it was a Terminal Control North validation, i.e. the final test an air traffic controller does with live traffic to gain a licence. The amount of bookwork was silly and on the day when I was controlling on my validation board (the final test), the situation was horribly complex and the amount of planes was ridiculous. It's not fun when you're a nervous wreck! Nervous because you've been training for 3 years solid, controlled live traffic for 500 hours, spent about 3 times that with your head stuck in books and spent about 20 times that thinking about it.

Worth it though.

Soldato
Shotokan karate shodan. Incredibly hard work.
PhD: 3 years of fun, involving science, 9 months of hard slog writing up, 3 months of frantic worrying/revision then 3 hours of relatively calm sailing through my viva.

Soldato
I'd have to say my Chemistry and Physics A-Levels. I found them a lot more difficult than my degree in Computer Science.

Back
Top Bottom