Hardline Bending kit

Soldato
Good morning all,

I was thinking to myself whilst lay in bed last night.

Would anyone be willing to hire out their hardline bending kit?, for those of us that dont intend to be using the kit a lot and find it a bit silly to spend a fortune on a few tools to get bendy! I am sure i can use a copper pipe bender or make some form of template but figured with a "proper" kit it would make things a bit easier.

Obviously i will pay for insured postage and pay for the "hire" too.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Martin

Soldato
Honestly I'd say water cooling involves enough bits and bobs that it's worth collecting up the tools and supplies over time. If you include cleaning materials, spares, filling parts and funnels, spare tubing for draining, a pump for flushing... It's worth grabbing bits here and there you'll need. Setting up water isn't a one-off.

That said, the bending gear is quite minimal! Cheap heat gun, £16 plastic bending guides are great, silicone sausage for inside the tube... Cutters. Not much else needed really. Plus the heat gun is from my general tool kit.

Associate
Good morning all,

I was thinking to myself whilst lay in bed last night.

Would anyone be willing to hire out their hardline bending kit?, for those of us that dont intend to be using the kit a lot and find it a bit silly to spend a fortune on a few tools to get bendy! I am sure i can use a copper pipe bender or make some form of template but figured with a "proper" kit it would make things a bit easier.

Obviously i will pay for insured postage and pay for the "hire" too.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Martin
Are you talking about them Thermaltake kits for around £80?
They are way over priced for what they are you can buy cheaper stuff and it will do the same thing. I mean do you really need a metal bending guide over plastic for 10 times the price
I feel your pain tho I just paid out for some new bits and bobs

Man of Honour
You can get the XSPC PETG Easy Cut/Bending Kit for less than £15 and includes a pair of cutters, chamfer/deburring tool, silicon bending insert, 13/14mm easy bending tool and a piece of sandpaper. Factor in another £15 for a cheap heat gun and you have all you need. Like LuckyBenski mentioned above, you will need it more than once so you may as well buy your own stuff. I have used mine several times now what with the original build and then upgrading to my current build and then changing/tweaking the layout. It's handy to have your own kit.

Soldato
OP
Hi all,
I tried by hand but wasnt happy with the inconsistent bend radius so i bought some cheap barrow guides on the bay which was half the price of my guides for the rothenberger bender.

Soldato
The only way to get absolutely consistent bends is by using a tool of some sort... that can be one of the mandrels available (although keep in mind some are designed for that brand's tubing) or even a coke bottle... it doesn't really matter, but it's the only way to ensure every bend is completely identical. Of course, it depends how much of a perfectionist you are and how consistent you want every bend to be. I've seen people ecstatic with builds where every bend is wonky and slightly deformed. It's entirely subjective at the end of the day.

Soldato
And if you make your own mandrels like I am, ensure you get them done in something that has a higher melting point than acrylic :p PLA and acrylic soften at the same point so I trashed my prototype in 2 bends :D

Back
Top Bottom