Hardware equivalent to XBox One S

Associate
Afternoon all.

I currently have an XBox One S, in our living room, that is purely used for playing Fortnite and watching Sky Go.

I was thinking of replacing it with a mini PC but I am not sure what to get - what sort of specs would be equivalent?

Seems that I can certainly get away with onboard graphics.

It will not get used much so was I was thinking of getting something used off the Bay of Pigs.

Associate
If you want to use the onboard GPU for game you would need of the ryzen 8000 chips. Like an 8700g and even then I don’t think the gaming experience would be mind blowing.

You can pick up a series s or x for less than a low end system and it will look so much better

Associate
Consoles are better than people think and matching them for gaming experience is never cheap.

I have a series S and my pc(in sig) in most games the Xbox looks better. And new costs less then the GPU in my pc dose second hand.
I only have the pc for games that aren’t on console

Associate
OP
Thanks for the input, guys.

The reason I ask is that my son has a really good gaming PC in his room and, over time, we have rebought all the Xbox games on the PC, anyway.

He has loads of Xbox games that he never plays and the Xbox only gets used when he wants me to join him in playing 2-player Fortnite.

He wants to sell the Xbox and all the games but keep the ability to still play Fortnite, occasionally - I have seen lots of used Optiplex Mini Pcs/Nucs for sale and was hoping that they would do the job.

The graphics would not have to be stellar - just playable.

Edit - or come to think of it, I could even get a cheapy laptop.

Last edited:
Associate
The graphics would not have to be stellar - just playable

The specs you’re looking at are about 7 years out of date.
To play the game at basic setting 1080 you would need a ryzen G chip of a cpu.

My cousin as a i7700 and 5600xt and it games like crap with massive lag in fortnight

Edit
The game is from 2017 and the specs are from the same year
I can only see you getting £80 for the console, any pc will cost more

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Afternoon all.

I currently have an XBox One S, in our living room, that is purely used for playing Fortnite and watching Sky Go.

I was thinking of replacing it with a mini PC but I am not sure what to get - what sort of specs would be equivalent?

Seems that I can certainly get away with onboard graphics.

It will not get used much so was I was thinking of getting something used off the Bay of Pigs.
It is pretty weak, modern APUs would beat it, however the onboard graphics in CPUs that are NOT APUs are really bad :o

You might like some of the videos on this channel:

Note that I'm referring to the Xbox One, the Xbox Series S is much more powerful than the earlier model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom