Hardware Installation Guide! :D

Soldato
craig_kennedy83 said:
Motherboard after cleaning, have set up new case for ATX motherboard and installed the backing plate! now ready to drop in!
DSC00560.JPG

Don't generally like to see that ;) Don't place boards on metal as it could potentially short out stuff like the BIOS battery etc.. and potenially cause some damage. Always use the mobo sponge or antistatic bag, might sound like a noobish thing but i've seen damage done like this and even by holding the board board wrong and static energy messing it up.

Soldato
OP
Justintime said:
Don't generally like to see that ;) Don't place boards on metal as it could potentially short out stuff like the BIOS battery etc.. and potenially cause some damage. Always use the mobo sponge or antistatic bag, might sound like a noobish thing but i've seen damage done like this and even by holding the board board wrong and static energy messing it up.

didnt have anywhere else for it :p besides the bed lol! usually land all my components on metal... like the graphics, sounda and all that usually sit on the case side bits!

Back
Top Bottom