Hardware Unboxed best AMD Ryzen B650 motherboards

The higher end Asrock boards in particular seem much higher priced in the UK vs other manufacturers.

B650 steel legend $180 in the US, over here $305

B650e Taichi lite US $240 over here $370

VAT will explain some of that but even without VAT we are still be charged much more.

Interestingly other some of the manufacturer's seem to more closely match the US prices or even work out cheaper here.

B650e Taichi, is a good price on OCUK at the moment, getting a nice reduction.
Surprised they don't make a bigger deal of it having USB4 on the rear I/O. THG did an article on boards with USB4 a short time ago and they didn't even seem to realise this board existed.

I've been pondering between these 2 boards actually - Asrock B650e Taichi and Asus Strix E-F, as both seem to have all the functions i want/need (originally was looking at second hand x670 Hero and the MSI Ace but the price was holding me back from pulling the trigger).

Disregarding Asus issue for the moment, which of these 2 would you choose to pair with the upcoming 9900 series CPU?

Last edited:
Since I’m going to wait for the 9800X3D so it also makes sense to wait and see what X870/X870e offers, all of those will come with USB4 as standard, better memory support and I wouldn’t be surprised if AMD tries to lock in the rumoured new X3D overclocking to the new boards as a selling point.

No harm in getting a good B650E mobo at a discounted price, I did for my current build.

For my use case, the upcoming features aren’t going to be missed.

No harm in getting a good B650E mobo at a discounted price, I did for my current build.

For my use case, the upcoming features aren’t going to be missed.
I’m not adverse to that if the new chipsets offer nothing interesting extra, I do think though with the timing of their release rumoured to coincide with the X3D that they’ll have a big headline exclusive feature that’s not yet been announced since the main addition of USB4 doesn’t seem like reason enough to release new chipsets especially as that feature was already available on some 600 series boards.

Another bonus of waiting is once the 800 series arrives we’ll see some big discounts on the 600 series boards as retailers try to clear out the old stock.

Back
Top Bottom