'Harry Potter & The Cursed Child'

Commissario
Reading the book/screenplay/script (whatever you want to call it), it's utter garbage but I've heard (and it's confirmed above) that the actual stage show brings it to life.

/edit - Damn, look at all those brackets. I'm going to end up using Angus' ({[bracketing system]}) :D

Caporegime
It's the most technologically accomplished play I've ever seen. "aperating" in phone boxes, using the floo network, Dementors that fly around etc. It even has a water tank under the stage that actors appear from.

The only slight issue is that Harry's son looked too old.

Oh and there's a really stupid line but I'd have to spoiler it

Albus Potter/Scorpious Malfoy travel back in time to the night before the murder of Harrys parents. They need some ingredients and somehow Scorpious

A) Knows who Bathilda Bagshot is and where she lives
B) States that she was "well known for leaving her front door unlocked"

Really? How would a boy from 2017 know that? Particular the last bit.

Just stupidly convenient plot exposition.

Man of Honour
still annoyed by how unlikely the Diggory aspect is, how angry and disaffected Harry became and generally how convenient and trashy the story was

Soldato
still annoyed by how unlikely the Diggory aspect is, how angry and disaffected Harry became and generally how convenient and trashy the story was

Saw this yesterday. A fantastic show, the effects and casting were generally superb. But I left the show thinking exactly the same re. your middle point. Wayyyy too much going on there.

Caporegime
I kind of assumed that the first time that they changed time, which meant Ron and Hermoine didn't get together, the knock-on-effect was to dramatically change Harrys personality, hence he became this person coming down hard on the school and keeping Albus and Scorpious apart at all costs

Back
Top Bottom