• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

has anyone gone for SLI with a 2080 or 2080ti?

Associate
if you have bought 2 2080s or 2 2080ti's in SLI please can you provide some feedback

feedback is better from actual purchasers who have had time with the cards rather than 1 day review benchers.

Also the new SLI bridge, navlink or something, this time SLI works as 1 card rather than a primary card and a slave, which makes both work equally so benefits should appear.

Are you smashing it with the performance and whats 4k like?

Thanks

Associate
Been using two 2080 Ti's FE cards in SLI for around 2 months and overall I'm very happy with them. Different bridge but still works as it does with older cards, master and slave with no shared memory and the usual SLI problems such as some games having poor scaling.

The games I mostly play support SLI and it runs great in them personally. When both cards are working nicely together the performance at 4k while maxed out is very nice.

I upgraded from two 1080 Ti's and was mainly after better performance in games that have no SLI support so the extra little boost was worth it for me as I do like to game maxed out at 4K.

Associate
OP
Been using two 2080 Ti's FE cards in SLI for around 2 months and overall I'm very happy with them. Different bridge but still works as it does with older cards, master and slave with no shared memory and the usual SLI problems such as some games having poor scaling.

The games I mostly play support SLI and it runs great in them personally. When both cards are working nicely together the performance at 4k while maxed out is very nice.

I upgraded from two 1080 Ti's and was mainly after better performance in games that have no SLI support so the extra little boost was worth it for me as I do like to game maxed out at 4K.

But Ive read that the new 20 series cards have no master and salve, SLI is now processed as one card, so each 2080 should have equal usage i.e 90% 1st card and the 2nd card at 90%

as its processed as one card the SLI scaling issues should now be minimised., your not using the new Navlink sli bridge?

Back
Top Bottom