Has anyone seen Razer's new keyboard feature 'Snap Tap'?

Associate
I know a few of us here have Wooting's keyboards (and Wooting are releasing their own version of this) but I didn't quite realise how insane this could be in certain games.

Is it a form cheating? It's essentially movement macros at keyboard level right?

Soldato
It's for the dev's / anti cheat providers of the games to decide if it's cheating or not, similar to how rapid fire / trigger mods on xbox pads used to be a 'grey area'

Soldato
To me this is less macro/scripting and more just some basic logic on hardware keystroke input. Its still 1 keystroke for 1 action and a slight evolution of Wootings rapid fire/actuation distance.

Man of Honour
Doesn't seem like macro level cheating to me. Personally I ride the activation point on my mechanical blacks and like the ability to react on the fly - it is a slight compromise in this context but at least for how I game I think the better overall balance, other people's mileage may vary.

Associate
OP
Doesn't seem like macro level cheating to me. Personally I ride the activation point on my mechanical blacks and like the ability to react on the fly - it is a slight compromise in this context but at least for how I game I think the better overall balance, other people's mileage may vary.
Yeah, I do agree.

I tried Wooting's version out yesterday. They've just added a beta firmware update including 'SCOD' which is essentially exactly the same as 'snap tap' and I found that it didn't help me with how I like to play and felt a little 'off'? Probably something I could get used to although it might have also been because of the game I was playing and how I play.

Back
Top Bottom