Has Dreamworks ran out of ideas ?

Soldato
OP
Most of the non-Pixar ones are horrid. I think it’s ‘illumination’ that are the worst. The Secret Life of Pets was terrible. Horrible, horrible film. Never have so many characters been so unlikable. Also, the disposable me films are horrific, save for the minions.
apart from The Secret Life of Pets I dont think they have done anything you would really call bad but again someone must have liked it to make another so soon.

Funnily I had this conversation with some folks in the office about Disney a few months ago. Disney feel creatively bankrupt right now, barely any new material coming out of note just live action remakes that add nothing to the original stories. Pixar division being the exception.
I think Disney has plenty on to not bother about having big animated hits every year or two (marvel, star wars, pixar) and all the live action remakes and the fox take over so they should be good, the last big original hit was Moana but thay also had Ralph breaks the internet last year.
I think the live actions remakes will slow down after Multan because all the big hits have been made except for snow white, Pinocchio and The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Tales of Arcadia: 3Below was awesome
They are excellent Show but that is down to netflix and Guillermo del Toro the studio was only used because netflix already had a deal with them, think of anything outside that.

Try Laika studio. Kubo and the Two Strings and Missing Link were excellent.
I wached both the story's are always good but never been a fan of the visuals buit for it seam to have worked with kobo,

I kind of feel dreamworks got the idea of Abominable from the last few animated movies, (missing link, small foot, son of big foot)

I know a lot of people thing most of the movies are passable but when you look at dreamworks past work you will see what i mean,
Shrek, The Prince of Egypt, Rise of the Guardians, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda.

then they started milking them and have not really looked at new ideas.

Back
Top Bottom