• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Has my gtx970 just given up??

Associate
Hiya all, I've gone to put my pc on tonight for some gaming and boom a purple\blue flashing screen and then blanking into black....not the monitor Xbox displays fine...is that my card dead??

Soldato
Could try re seating the gpu and power cables, check both ends of a modular psu.

try another pci slot or if possible try the card in another pc.

Associate
OP
Could try re seating the gpu and power cables, check both ends of a modular psu.

try another pci slot or if possible try the card in another pc.
I've no other card, but I will try and reseat it, tbh i don't touch the pc but ya never know.

Soldato
I've no other card, but I will try and reseat it, tbh i don't touch the pc but ya never know.
Sometimes ram can start playing up and just need a re seat.

maybe check for dust in the slot and on the card and just make sure it’s making good contact.

Associate
OP
Right guys...I've taken out the 970 and the ram and cleaned and re seated both...no change....so changed my bios to onboard gfx and the computer displayed fine

So is that my graphics card dead? The fans on it still turn lol

Associate
Right guys...I've taken out the 970 and the ram and cleaned and re seated both...no change....so changed my bios to onboard gfx and the computer displayed fine

Sounds like it.... have you tried using a different display cable I.e HDMI or display port? Bad timing really... I'd hold off for a few weeks

Soldato
My brother had pretty much the same issue with a EVGA 970 card a few weeks after he bought it from someone. He ended up baking it in the oven for a while and so far its working as normal in another machine.

Soldato

did you try a different PCI slot? does sound like the card has died though

Associate
OP
Sounds like it.... have you tried using a different display cable I.e HDMI or display port? Bad timing really... I'd hold off for a few weeks
so plugged it into HDMI and boom back to normal...so could just be the dvi cable, havnt got another to test, but at least I have a screen to play on, has HDMI got any drawbacks compared with dvi??

Back
Top Bottom