Hatred for DRL's

Soldato
Where does all the Hatred for Daylight Running Lights come from?

I'm following a tread on Briskoda Forums, and there's one guy who's determined to disable them on his 2014 Fabia Monte Carlo by any means!. There's probly 6+ other people in there who also Don't like them just as much, and they are concocting various ways to disable them (pulling Fuses, Removing the Bulbs, Taking out the Wiring Loom, Special Masonic codes with the indicator stalk etc...) :rolleyes:

I seriously don't understand the hatred for something which is, for want of a better description, an Added Visibility Aid that you DON'T HAVE TO SWITCH ON OR OFF AS IT's DON'T AUTOMATICALLY!!!

I really don't get it!! :confused:

I have them on my Fabia, I don't notice them myself as I'm in the car, they point forward, I turn my sidelights/headlights on and the DRL's turn off!!

Whats the Beef??? :confused:

What's your opinions on Daylight Running Lights??? :)

Soldato
OP
They look awful, I don't blame anyone for wanting to disable them.
:confused:

In what way???

How do you know they look awful

Exactly!...

qmBSlal.jpg

It's not like they look 'Stuck On' like the aftermarket Fogs/Spots of old!

Okay, Some can be a little on the bright side!, but the Fabia uses the PW21 25W Bulb (or some have replaced whiter with LEDs), but I'm happy as I can replace these bulbs 10 times for the price of 1 set of Cree/LED bulbs!

Soldato
My point was. If you've "seen" them then they've worked

Inappropriate full. Stops making reading difficult.

I don't agree with your conclusion though, simply seeing things doesn't stop people making stupid maneuvers. I've had people look directly at me and then pull out of a junction.

Soldato
Inappropriate full. Stops making reading difficult.

I don't agree with your conclusion though, simply seeing things doesn't stop people making stupid maneuvers. I've had people look directly at me and then pull out of a junction.

Grammar police,

Yeah that's a comma

Can you imagine how bad they would be If you hadn't had DRL's then.:D

Soldato
No one can argue they that they don't make a car more difficult to spot, its the fact that they seem a bit of a "Must Have" fashionable type thing that irks some people

I'm indifferent I think they look good on some cars and not on others but thats not really the point of them and they are here to stay, I just hope they integrate them a little better

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder if the bloke in the OP is going to inform his insurance that he has disabled a safety device on his vehicle.

Are they classed as a safety device??

Soldato
OP
Some do look 'stuck on' like and afterthought (yes I know mine are down in the front bumper, but they are in a combined unit with the Fogs).

But others (Audi) seem to make an Artform out of integrating them into the front light cluster :)

Mercedes on the other hand they look like front fogs, and I know a few who've been pulled by the police because they thought they were!.

But it still doesn't warrant such blatant hatred from some people!!

One bloke on Briskoda said
Just reminds me of all the boy racers going round with their fog lights on when theres no need for them....to be on....

I wonder if the bloke in the OP is going to inform his insurance that he has disabled a safety device on his vehicle.

Are they classed as a safety device??

Someone mentioned that they would be an MOT falure too, if he disabled them... He replied "That's okay, I've still got 3 years before that!" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
I hate cars that have these LED things stuck on them, but I do now find DRL's as a good idea. Especially when it's becoming dark or the weather is a bit worse, it takes turning the lights on out of the "oaf behind the wheels'" hands and means they're already on, increasing the other road users chance of seeing them.

Soldato
Some do look 'stuck on' like and afterthought (yes I know mine are down in the front bumper, but they are in a combined unit with the Fogs).

But others (Audi) seem to make an Artform out of integrating them into the front light cluster :)

Mercedes on the other hand they look like front fogs, and I know a few who've been pulled by the police because they thought they were!.

But it still doesn't warrant such blatant hatred from some people!!

One bloke on Briskoda said

Thats forums about cars for you.....Oh hang on:D

Soldato
Apart from many of them looking a bit silly because there's clearly been no thought put into the design process and instead they've just slapped a strip of LEDs in the bumper, I have no issue with them.

Soldato
Tbh those fabia lights look absolutely fine, the only time they bug me is when the exceedingly bright LED versions are stuck on the front of poverty white low end Audi's - only really because they look very out of place.

Soldato
Where does all the Hatred for Daylight Running Lights come from?

I'm following a tread on Briskoda Forums, and there's one guy who's determined to disable them on his 2014 Fabia Monte Carlo by any means!. There's probly 6+ other people in there who also Don't like them just as much, and they are concocting various ways to disable them (pulling Fuses, Removing the Bulbs, Taking out the Wiring Loom, Special Masonic codes with the indicator stalk etc...) :rolleyes:

I seriously don't understand the hatred for something which is, for want of a better description, an Added Visibility Aid that you DON'T HAVE TO SWITCH ON OR OFF AS IT's DON'T AUTOMATICALLY!!!

I really don't get it!! :confused:

I have them on my Fabia, I don't notice them myself as I'm in the car, they point forward, I turn my sidelights/headlights on and the DRL's turn off!!

Whats the Beef??? :confused:

What's your opinions on Daylight Running Lights??? :)

Normal ones are fine, like normal dipped beams at front and rear, it's the searing Christmas tree lights they fit these days that annoy me. Why they can't just make dipped lights mandatory is beyond me, it seems the idea is being tsken to the extreme for no reason.

What i find really strange is some uk volvo owners pay circa 60 to have the drl's disabled by a volvo dealer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom