• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Have I received the wrong CPU?

Associate
Hi guys I received my order from here a couple of days ago amongst the bits I ordered a core i7 920, this one here http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-280-IN

I queried my order with a member of staff becuase I never received the Operation flashpoint game, or voucher for the game but was told it would be posted to me. Since receiveing my new bits I have now got my computer up and running and after running CPUZ the processor is showing that it is a Bloomfield Cpu, where as my invoice shows the CPU should be a Nehalem...am I missing something here, I think I might of been sent the wrong cpu as I also never recieved the game which was ment to come along with it. Any help would be much appreciated. CHeers.

Soldato
Intel codenames tend to get mutliated a bit by the public, the press, and even by intel sometimes.

Nehalem is/was the codename one of the first chip designs that ended up as the i7 we all know.

It was the same with Core2, a lot of people were calling it Merom, but when the desktop chips came out they were actually codenamed Conroe.

With the i7 parts Bloomfield is the codename of the processor derived from Nehalem designs, built for socket LGA1366, including QPI and a tri-channel DDR3 memory controller, Lynnfield is a nehalem based processor build for socket LGA1166 has DMI, and dual-channel DDR3 memory controller.

When they shrink i7 LGA1366 parts to 32nm they will get another new name, certainly the 6 core LGA1366's are currently codenamed Gulftown. But they are still Nehalem processors at heart.

At the end of the days these are just codenames. The processor you have bought is a Core I7 920, and thats all you really need to know.

Associate
OP
Intel codenames tend to get mutliated a bit by the public, the press, and even by intel sometimes.

Nehalem is/was the codename one of the first chip designs that ended up as the i7 we all know.

It was the same with Core2, a lot of people were calling it Merom, but when the desktop chips came out they were actually codenamed Conroe.

With the i7 parts Bloomfield is the codename of the processor derived from Nehalem designs, built for socket LGA1366, including QPI and a tri-channel DDR3 memory controller, Lynnfield is a nehalem based processor build for socket LGA1166 has DMI, and dual-channel DDR3 memory controller.

When they shrink i7 LGA1366 parts to 32nm they will get another new name, certainly the 6 core LGA1366's are currently codenamed Gulftown. But they are still Nehalem processors at heart.

At the end of the days these are just codenames. The processor you have bought is a Core I7 920, and thats all you really need to know.

Many thanks chaps, thats cleared everything up for me. Nice one :)

Soldato
Open a ticket and ask them to send you your game. The most common complaint i see is missing free games they really need to sort their procedure regarding them.

Back
Top Bottom